GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Glitches That Make You Want To Scream"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/08/10 at 11:54
Regular
"And in last place.."
We all love a good glitch in a game but I've found the mother of all glitches on Lego Harry Potter.

I've spent a few minutes short of 40 hours on this game. I'm sitting and 99.9% complete and there is a little glitch that stops me getting that last 0.01%. For those that aren't interested in 100% it's a minor glitch that won't matter but I rarely go for the full 100% and to be stopped a mere 0.01% from the finish line is a tad inconvenient (polite version).

I'm a programmer and I wouldn't give the 100% Glitch Free Seal of Approval to any of my significant developments but I'd also like to think that any of my glitches don't cause this sort of pain and suffering.
Tue 07/09/10 at 19:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Not really glitches that make me scream but they certainly made me laugh a lot. What comes to mind is True Crime Streets of LA. There were a ton of hilarious glitches in that.
Tue 07/09/10 at 19:21
Regular
"How Ironic"
After recently getting Left for Dead 2, I seem to have stumbled across an inpassable section. It's in the carnival levels, the part where you turn on the rollercoaster and set the alarm off. Well I ran up the tracks like your supposed to, before a jockey came out of nowhere. It managed to take me off the track to the ground below. I got stuck in this fenced area, and with the alarm still going with no one to turn it off, millions of zombies kept coming. Was not a happy bunny.
Tue 07/09/10 at 18:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Tomb Raider Underworld on the Wii. Missing ledge means the game can't be completed unless you download the patch from Eidos onto a memory card. I can't be bothered.
Tue 07/09/10 at 12:18
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
HighflyerVII wrote:
> HM wrote:
>
> PS3 or Xbox?
>
> I remembering you telling me about this. I didn't come across
> it myself (xbox).
>
>
> PS3 for me. It's a fairly rare glitch, it has been reported on
> both consoles if I remember correctly, though. Just me being
> particularly unlucky, I guess. But heavily annoying on a game
> that I had planned on 100%ing

Ah right. I guess I was lucky. I found a glitch on TimeShift. Was playing through the third scene and it kept freezing in the same spot. It wasn't just the disc either...it must have been a corrupted save file or something :(

As for MW2, well a new wave of hacks are out there. I was playing earlier on and unless my opponent was trained by the assassins out of the film "Wanted", they were able to curve bullets around scenery... oh and deflect bullets...
Tue 07/09/10 at 10:41
Regular
"And in last place.."
I came across another one at the weekend.

I'm on the final tier of races in Need For Speed Shift. I've won the first set of races and moved onto the 2nd which is a 6 race tournament, 5 laps a race and no saving inbetween.

Attempt 1: the game hangs at the end of race 3.
Attempt 2: the game hangs at the end of race 4.
Attempt 3: successfully traded the game in along with Lego Harry Potter which also didn't want me to complete it.
Mon 30/08/10 at 21:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
HM wrote:
> HighflyerVII wrote:
> G-Force: Elevator Glitch - As you approach the end of the game,
> there is a section where you go into an elevator, triggering a
> cutscene. When I got to this section, no cutscene... Turns out
> this is a glitch with no explainable cause. The solution? Start
> the game anew.
>
> PS3 or Xbox?
>
> it myself (xbox).
>
> Hate the glitches on MW2 where body parts can be seen through
> scenery, causing a nice penetration kill for anybody nearby.
> Grrr!

Been happening on MW2 PC for the last few weeks - graphic driver updates- too many MW2 updates on Steam these days - get killed and your legs hang out of the scenery....really cool B¬)
Mon 30/08/10 at 20:39
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
HM wrote:

> PS3 or Xbox?
>
> it myself (xbox).
>

PS3 for me. It's a fairly rare glitch, it has been reported on both consoles if I remember correctly, though. Just me being particularly unlucky, I guess. But heavily annoying on a game that I had planned on 100%ing.
Mon 30/08/10 at 20:37
Regular
"How Ironic"
I got my first one of those yesterdays! Was on Karachi, hiding on the river, and someone's kneecap was sticking through the wall *bang bang* penetration....
Mon 30/08/10 at 20:18
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
HighflyerVII wrote:
> G-Force: Elevator Glitch - As you approach the end of the game,
> there is a section where you go into an elevator, triggering a
> cutscene. When I got to this section, no cutscene... Turns out
> this is a glitch with no explainable cause. The solution? Start
> the game anew.

PS3 or Xbox?

I remembering you telling me about this. I didn't come across it myself (xbox).

Hate the glitches on MW2 where body parts can be seen through scenery, causing a nice penetration kill for anybody nearby. Grrr!
Mon 30/08/10 at 18:21
Regular
"How Ironic"
There's a glitch on the completion of the entire Donky Kong game called the 'Kill Screen'. Any retro gamers, I recommend watching The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, it's a fantastic documentary.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.