GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Customer Services"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 20:17
Regular
Copy of my post on customer services forum:

Dear Freeola customer support

I phoned your telephone helpline this evening with a fairly urgent enquiry, at 7 O'clock. After an hour of waiting I was more than surprised to be cut of at 8 O'clock, and when I redialed I was told that the helpline closes at 8 O'clock. I can only call after 7 O'clock in the evening, and so was not expecting to be unable to reach an assistant.
In future would it be possible for you to stop adding other people to the queue at 8 O'clock, but answer all of the backlog of calls.
Please could you advise me as to what to do in future when I need support for my website.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? If so let freeola know, so that hopefully they will change their system.
Sat 24/11/01 at 14:53
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Sounds like he's got his E-mail Account set up differently to what it should be, so check that the Outgoing Mail Server address is smtp.freeola.net
Sat 24/11/01 at 14:37
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
cjh wrote:
> Your friend can use your account if you don't mind giving him your Freeola
> Username and Password. Just set it up like you have done on your
> machine.

Could I just ask though, is it just your friend who is having
> problems Sending E-mails???

Yeah, it is just him. I've tried giving him my account details, but it still didn't work. I'm going around to his house tonight to make sure all of his settings are correct.
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:32
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Your friend can use your account if you don't mind giving him your Freeola Username and Password. Just set it up like you have done on your machine.

Could I just ask though, is it just your friend who is having problems Sending E-mails???
Fri 23/11/01 at 20:03
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Bob wrote:
> I'm afraid you've got it wrong CJH, you do need to be connected via Freeola to
> send mail. Use the connection details from the control panel which the domain is
> hosted on. If the problem persists please post the error message.

Can my friend use my account from his computer to send his emails, or does he need to set up his own account, but still check the emails from my domain?
Thu 22/11/01 at 23:56
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I think your System for checking that is faulty then Andy, 'cus I have no prob's sending and Receiving mail when I'm connected via Freeserve off-peak.

I remember we were talking about this a while back, and some people said they could and some said they could't. But I am one who can send via other ISP's than Freeola.
Thu 22/11/01 at 23:38
Regular
I'm afraid you've got it wrong CJH, you do need to be connected via Freeola to send mail. Use the connection details from the control panel which the domain is hosted on. If the problem persists please post the error message.
Thu 22/11/01 at 23:10
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Firstly, check that the E-mail Account is set up with the following:

smtp.freeola.net - for outgoing E-mail
mail.freeola.net - for incoming mail

Sounds like his incomeing mail is set up fine, but the Outgoing address needs to be changed.

Check this first off, and let me know if this fixes the problem.

You don't have to be connected to Freeola to Send Out E-mail, you can uses whichever ISP you always use, it's on concerning Uploading to your Freeola Webspace where you are required to connect via Freeola's Dial-up.

If he has the right E-mail Username and password which you set up for him, then he should be able to use your account fine, and if he can receive mail, sounds like this is set up correctly.

Check the Outgoing Mail address, and if it doesn't say smtp.freeola.net, then thats the problem.

Hope that Helps
Thu 22/11/01 at 22:18
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
cjh wrote:
> I can't say I've ever had that problem, I've always got through fine.

If you
> do have any problems concerning your Web Site/Web Space, try posting it on here,
> as someone here may know how to help.

Thanks. I have two domains with getdotted, and I have set up two email adresses for a friend on these domain names, using freeola. He can recieve emails, but not send them. I know that he needs to be connected to freeola to do this, but can he use my account from his computer, or does he need his own freeola acount? Thanks,

Rickyfire
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:04
Regular
It does get rather busy at times. The lines are supposed to stop adding people and then our support guys should just answer the backlog. I'll look into it in the morning. If you try on Friday nights its usually quieter or over the weekend:

Sat: 9-6
Sun: 10-5

Or as CJH said just post the problem here.
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:46
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I can't say I've ever had that problem, I've always got through fine.

If you do have any problems concerning your Web Site/Web Space, try posting it on here, as someone here may know how to help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.