GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda, worth buying a gamecube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:30
Regular
I like all the zelda games which has every come out but I dopn't want too buy the gamecube just for one game, true theres lots of games for the gamecube but i find most of them are aim at 3-12 yeare olds. Should i buy a gamecube for zelda or not. If you think there are any good games other then zelda coming out , want too tell me what there are. Thxs.
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:30
Regular
I like all the zelda games which has every come out but I dopn't want too buy the gamecube just for one game, true theres lots of games for the gamecube but i find most of them are aim at 3-12 yeare olds. Should i buy a gamecube for zelda or not. If you think there are any good games other then zelda coming out , want too tell me what there are. Thxs.
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Hmmm....."
You sound like a 3-12 year old, so whats your problem?
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:15
Regular
metroid prime, resi evil 1,2,3,4 and 0
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:17
"Uzi Lover"
A_Spoon wrote:
> metroid prime, resi evil 1,2,3,4 and 0

What a terribly tedious collection he would have...

GameCube's are cheap man, you'll buy more then oen game you know it. But if you actually really think you'll only have one game for it and your short on cash try and forget about playing Zelda.
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Just because the colour schemes consist of mostly bright primary colours, it doesn't mean they're aimed at 3 - 12 year olds.
Super Monkey Ball (2) is genius, as are most of the exclusive games.
Sat 19/04/03 at 09:31
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
"are aim at 3-12 yeare olds. "

well thats if you stop looking at the 3-12 years olds section!
games like:

Hitman 2
(killing + Fibre wire= cant go wrong)

Resi
(zero + 4 + remake) that if your not too scared :P *cough* Phillip

Tony Hawks (
hm.. 3 year old skaters.. i can just see it)

Metroid Prime
(yeah "blood" guts and evil cloak priates with giant blades will really help them with their ABCs/ Sats whatever)

Eternal Darkness
This game is just sick! opens a can of whoop

Iss2
Class footy, shame most three year olds cant walk

Timesplitters
"slightly kiddy" but class game for young or old

=======
maybe if you look down the shop a little bit more, you might see others games than Scooby Doo Ghost Chase + Mary Kate and Ashley and Barbie Adventure or whatever. Zelda alone is quite worth getting the console alone, with a track record of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Link to the Past, oracle of Seasons + Ages, Four Swords and the original Legend of Zelda on the nes. How COULD you go wrong?

BTW most 3 year olds can barely even talk!
Sat 19/04/03 at 10:26
"For the horde!!!!"
Anyone who says the Gamecube is just for kids are ignorant.
Sat 19/04/03 at 10:30
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The last person I met who said the GC was for kids struggled to play Super Mario Sunshine. He said it was "a stupid kids game anyway."

Then went back home to playe "proper games" like The Getaway, and GTA: Vice City.
Sat 19/04/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Gamecube is a must get with games like Zelda and Mario Kart coming out. There are also going to be other brilliant games like Mario 128 and pikmin 2 coming out, and there are sure to be others that nobody has heard of yet.

Great games out at the moment:

Metroid Prime
Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros Melee
Timesplitters 2
Eternal Darkness
Sonic Mega Collection
Sat 19/04/03 at 17:09
Regular
"A.K.A QAWSEDRFTGYH"
in my opinion the sonic mega collection sucked. I do love gamecube though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.