GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fastest Completion of a game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past'.
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:12
Regular
Just read about the guy from Texas who completed "A Link To The Past" in under 2 hours, so it got me thinking, what is the fastest time I have completed a game?

I finally fount out, it was "Luigi's mansion" it took me 18 hours so here is my question:

Name the fastest game you've ever completed and how long it took you to complete it, it can be any console (but preferably a nintendo console).

Hope to here from you.
Sat 19/04/03 at 14:44
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Thats a good point. I remember "Starwing" (or Starfox) for the Snes and that game was rock hard. The same goes for "Super Mario Kart" and "Mario Kart 64", Snes version harder, N64 vesion easier.

I hope Starwars Ardmada and Mario Kart GC have higher difficulties levels.

Ps: How quickly did you finsh Lylatwars (if memory serves, it took me 3 hours on the hardest route)?
Sat 19/04/03 at 14:36
Regular
"past,present&future"
It still makes me wonder what they were playing at with Lylat Wars.

Everyone finshed it so quickly. On some levels it was almost impossible to die or fail to progress.

The game model itself and graphics and everything were fine, if not great, so why was it so easy and un-arcadey?

The bosses were so easy and tedious, absolute zero tension.

The alternative routes (some of which were much too specific to ever find in normal play) and medals added nothing.

*shakes head*
Sat 19/04/03 at 12:35
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
lol took me 35 mins in my prime to finish lylatwars :D
Sat 19/04/03 at 12:30
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Rickoss wrote:
> Rayman 3 - took me 4 to 5 hours to complete. Also, Luigi's Mansion
> wasn't as small as you think, if you consider Hidden Mansion, which
> made it about 14 hours long.

Thats true, hey "Hercules!", remember the hidden mansion that was opened when you finshed the first one?!

Cause I know I finshed it.
Sat 19/04/03 at 12:14
Regular
Rayman 3 - took me 4 to 5 hours to complete. Also, Luigi's Mansion wasn't as small as you think, if you consider Hidden Mansion, which made it about 14 hours long.
Sat 19/04/03 at 12:05
Regular
"past,present&future"
Lylat Wars - 3 games.
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:42
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Im sure it was less.

It really doesnt take long. It was my first go because I borrowed it off my mate for the day.

He came down in the afternoon, started playing it. He went home for his tea and came right back. By then id finished it.

Easy as that.
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Soul Calibur took under 10 minutes on Arcade.
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:38
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I suppose, it took me about 5 and a half hours.
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:35
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Yeah I know, but...5 hours!?

I feel shocked (and ashamed)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.