GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fastest Completion of a game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past'.
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:12
Regular
Just read about the guy from Texas who completed "A Link To The Past" in under 2 hours, so it got me thinking, what is the fastest time I have completed a game?

I finally fount out, it was "Luigi's mansion" it took me 18 hours so here is my question:

Name the fastest game you've ever completed and how long it took you to complete it, it can be any console (but preferably a nintendo console).

Hope to here from you.
Sun 20/04/03 at 11:02
I read that as well.

Took me a while - had to stop to eat and sleep.
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:57
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Hidden Mansion is actually very hard in places.
>
>
> I still haven't completed it yet, kept getting stuck on a bit where
> you get surrounded by about 7 ghosts and I've given up now.

Ha! I completed it :-)

The last two bosses are very hard. VERY hard.
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:44
Regular
Quickest game for me was Spider-man on the gamecube, that game is really easy, took me about 2 hours to do it with spider-man and the green goblin.
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:03
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Foreman wrote:
> Luigi's Mansion - 2 days
>
>
> I'd do it in under a day now though.

Now that I think about it, the ganmecube was out on May 3rd, I had to go FA cup final (good old arsenal!!) the next day, so I missed a whole day of gaming and I totally forgot what I had to do so it took me 12 hours for me to perfect my skills and finish the game.

Foreman, I am glad to here someone did take 2 days to finish the game I too can finish the game in under a day.

Cheers for the comment.
Sat 19/04/03 at 17:19
Regular
Lylat Wars 2 hours.
Sat 19/04/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Luigi's Mansion - 2 days

I'd do it in under a day now though.
Sat 19/04/03 at 16:16
Regular
Hidden Mansion is actually very hard in places.

I still haven't completed it yet, kept getting stuck on a bit where you get surrounded by about 7 ghosts and I've given up now.
Sat 19/04/03 at 16:07
Regular
Hercules! wrote:
> Yeah dude, I completed the mansion in about 4 hours and then unlocked
> the hidden mansion. Couldnt be bothered completing that so I left it.
> Had to give the game back to my mate anyway.

It's a shame really, because Hidden Mansion is actually pretty good. If Nintendo used that at first it would take a little longer, it's actual quite a challenge at times, especially because it's much darker. Also, the bosses can take ages to complete.

Ah, and on the icy-boo thingy, you get to ride around on your hoover on hard, brilliant :-D
Sat 19/04/03 at 16:02
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Alright, valid point.

Thanks for replying.
Sat 19/04/03 at 15:43
Regular
"Hmmm....."
deadmetal wrote:

> Thats true, hey "Hercules!", remember the hidden mansion
> that was opened when you finshed the first one?!
>
> Cause I know I finshed it.

------

Yeah dude, I completed the mansion in about 4 hours and then unlocked the hidden mansion. Couldnt be bothered completing that so I left it. Had to give the game back to my mate anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.