GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Polite request: NO MGS2 POSTS PLEASE!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 15:51
Regular
I've already lost it twice over this, so I'm going to ask nice and politely...

Please...

*** DO NOT POST ANYTHING ABOUT THE PLOT OF METAL GEAR SOLID 2 ***

I understand that this is a massive game and that everyone will want to discuss it as the UK release date gets closer, but PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

Konami have kept the plot of the story very closely guarded to avoid spoiling the game before its release, as the single biggest complaint about the firsst game was that most people already knew what was coming before it was released.

Due to the MGS2 already being out in the US and Japan, the net is being flooded with information about the storyline. However, some of us really do not want to know what happens. At least two major plot developments have already been blurted out, one on another more careless website and one by another user in another forum on this site, which has since been deleted.

If you want to talk about the game in general, please do so - but please do not post anything that gives away more of the game's story.

If you absolutely must post plot details, give PLENTY of warning in the post itself (i.e. "*** SPOILER WARNING***" followed by at least ten blank lines, and don't put anything obvious in the topic title - in fact, putting something like "MGS2: PLOT SPOILER" in the topic would be ideal.

That way, you don't spoil it for those who don't want it spoiled; more importantly, you won't face a severe dose of ridicule or incur the wrath of your fellow PS2 owners. If we do suddenly feel an overwhelming urge to ruin the game for ourselves, we can always go looking for the information ourselves.

A warning is all we ask for!

Thank you all very much.

Hopefully those who feel the same will assist in keeping this topic near the top, with the occasional POP!
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:26
Regular
is the plot in the other two topics?
Thu 22/11/01 at 17:33
Regular
"Tag as above"
I nicked a car once, bloody heavy
Thu 22/11/01 at 17:30
"High polygon count"
FatButcher wrote:
> er are you missing anything?

No, not apart from a few brain cells, I... erm, hang on... where's my watch?

Oi, come back with that! Ben! BEN! BEEEEENNNNNNN!
Thu 22/11/01 at 17:22
Regular
"Tag as above"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> FatButcher wrote:
> i'll nick anything

Don't laugh - he ain't kidding!

Don't say that I'll get a bad rep,

er are you missing anything?
Thu 22/11/01 at 17:16
Regular
"Back For Good"
Couldn't agree more Wookiee, Konami kept alot of things cloe to their chest for a very good reason and if anyone spoils it on this web site they need a good kick in the shins. I'm not saying you can't write about it but make it CLEAR that it contains spoilers!!!!
Thu 22/11/01 at 17:13
"High polygon count"
FatButcher wrote:
> i'll nick anything

Don't laugh - he ain't kidding!
Thu 22/11/01 at 17:04
Regular
"  "
lol...thanks
Thu 22/11/01 at 17:02
Regular
"Tag as above"
Natbuc wrote:
> when does mgs2 release...i thought it was summer 2002

Stolen from Gamespot, i'll nick anything
========================================

Konami of Europe has just confirmed the release date for the PS2's hottest sequel.

We've just received word from Konami of Europe that Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty will be released across Europe on February 22nd 2002 or, to put it in an even more memorable form, 22-02-02.

Now that the date has been confirmed you can expect retailers to capitalise by accepting pre-orders if they haven't done so already, and our advice would be to get your name on the list - because the weekend it goes on sale will be pretty hectic. In the words of Kunio Neo, president of Konami of Europe 'This is not just a video game, this is a masterpiece which creates a new dimension for all video games ever'. You wouldn't want to miss out on that now would you?

Justin Calvert for GameSpot UK
Posted: 13 Nov 2001
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:56
Regular
"  "
when does mgs2 release...i thought it was summer 2002
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:50
Regular
"Tag as above"
I think we should open a book on how may pop's this gets between now and 22-02-02.

Oh yeah, pop

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.