GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Polite request: NO MGS2 POSTS PLEASE!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 15:51
Regular
I've already lost it twice over this, so I'm going to ask nice and politely...

Please...

*** DO NOT POST ANYTHING ABOUT THE PLOT OF METAL GEAR SOLID 2 ***

I understand that this is a massive game and that everyone will want to discuss it as the UK release date gets closer, but PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

Konami have kept the plot of the story very closely guarded to avoid spoiling the game before its release, as the single biggest complaint about the firsst game was that most people already knew what was coming before it was released.

Due to the MGS2 already being out in the US and Japan, the net is being flooded with information about the storyline. However, some of us really do not want to know what happens. At least two major plot developments have already been blurted out, one on another more careless website and one by another user in another forum on this site, which has since been deleted.

If you want to talk about the game in general, please do so - but please do not post anything that gives away more of the game's story.

If you absolutely must post plot details, give PLENTY of warning in the post itself (i.e. "*** SPOILER WARNING***" followed by at least ten blank lines, and don't put anything obvious in the topic title - in fact, putting something like "MGS2: PLOT SPOILER" in the topic would be ideal.

That way, you don't spoil it for those who don't want it spoiled; more importantly, you won't face a severe dose of ridicule or incur the wrath of your fellow PS2 owners. If we do suddenly feel an overwhelming urge to ruin the game for ourselves, we can always go looking for the information ourselves.

A warning is all we ask for!

Thank you all very much.

Hopefully those who feel the same will assist in keeping this topic near the top, with the occasional POP!
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:51
"High polygon count"
I've already lost it twice over this, so I'm going to ask nice and politely...

Please...

*** DO NOT POST ANYTHING ABOUT THE PLOT OF METAL GEAR SOLID 2 ***

I understand that this is a massive game and that everyone will want to discuss it as the UK release date gets closer, but PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

Konami have kept the plot of the story very closely guarded to avoid spoiling the game before its release, as the single biggest complaint about the firsst game was that most people already knew what was coming before it was released.

Due to the MGS2 already being out in the US and Japan, the net is being flooded with information about the storyline. However, some of us really do not want to know what happens. At least two major plot developments have already been blurted out, one on another more careless website and one by another user in another forum on this site, which has since been deleted.

If you want to talk about the game in general, please do so - but please do not post anything that gives away more of the game's story.

If you absolutely must post plot details, give PLENTY of warning in the post itself (i.e. "*** SPOILER WARNING***" followed by at least ten blank lines, and don't put anything obvious in the topic title - in fact, putting something like "MGS2: PLOT SPOILER" in the topic would be ideal.

That way, you don't spoil it for those who don't want it spoiled; more importantly, you won't face a severe dose of ridicule or incur the wrath of your fellow PS2 owners. If we do suddenly feel an overwhelming urge to ruin the game for ourselves, we can always go looking for the information ourselves.

A warning is all we ask for!

Thank you all very much.

Hopefully those who feel the same will assist in keeping this topic near the top, with the occasional POP!
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:53
I have said that I am terribly sorry for that post that I did, and it will never happen again.

The last thing that I want was to annoy everybody, as I do like it here.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:13
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Goten wrote:
> PLEASE FORGIVE ME!

Okay. we let you off this time.

Next time it's the thumbscrews!

:D
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I posted the MGS2 topic so that if any one needed to know the truth they could, considering that Goten had posted the message before about the plot. SR have already posted a news item about it aswell. I read about it by accident and really wish things like this could be avoided. I put a clear message in the title saying dont read if you dont want to know so that if any body didnt want to know they would avoid my message.
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:27
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Duly noticed, and duely ingored. (no offence!) :)

Cheers!
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:39
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
pop - what does that mean, ive heard it around here quite a bit
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:42
"High polygon count"
It just means 'popping' the topic back to the top of the list, so that more people read it.
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:46
Regular
"  "
pop
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:50
Regular
"Tag as above"
I think we should open a book on how may pop's this gets between now and 22-02-02.

Oh yeah, pop
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:56
Regular
"  "
when does mgs2 release...i thought it was summer 2002

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.