GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation poo!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 11:35
Regular
Whatever your views on the PSX, you have to admit it has NO distinctive games. Classics, yes, some but classics such as MGS are also avialable on other formats, PC for example, and Game boy color (or if you live in the UK, like me, colour). The N64 on the other hand has LOADS; Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Conkers BFD, the list goes on. The only reason the PSX sold well was because it brought gaming to the mainstream by sending out the perception it was 'cool', and we don't play games to be cool do we.
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:35
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Whatever your views on the PSX, you have to admit it has NO distinctive games. Classics, yes, some but classics such as MGS are also avialable on other formats, PC for example, and Game boy color (or if you live in the UK, like me, colour). The N64 on the other hand has LOADS; Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Conkers BFD, the list goes on. The only reason the PSX sold well was because it brought gaming to the mainstream by sending out the perception it was 'cool', and we don't play games to be cool do we.
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:36
Regular
"Not your monkey"
FFS! are you trying to start the most threads you can in 10 minutes or what?
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:38
Regular
"Not your monkey"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
we don't play games to be cool do we.

in reply to the message...... the reason the playstation sold well is because it had a good market strategy. They got it into everyone's head that they had the better console and so more people bought it. Doesn't matter if it is actually better or not - just depends if they cant make people belive it is!
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:44
Regular
It's when I read topics like this that I feel ashamed to be a Ninty.

Grow up you stupid biased little chimp.
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:45
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I think that because Sega had been around a while, people looking to start in the Games Industry saw Sony as a new cool thing, and belived Sega to be for the Old Skool. Also, it's audience at that time would all have Sony Stereo's and other Sony stuff and belive it to be a good make.
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:46
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Tiltawhirl, You aren't a Ninty from what I've heard.
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:48
Regular
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Tiltawhirl, You aren't a Ninty from what I've heard.

Oh no i've been found out, i'm actually a closet Playstation fan.

What are you on about?
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:50
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Nothing.
My head hurt's.
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:53
Regular
"not dead"
You know potty training your consoles shouldn't really be an issue.

I've never seen Playstation poo, Nintendo poo, or Sega poo, you guys are obviously doing something wrong.
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:56
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
It all started when I copied my role model, Mario, and ate an unusual mushrooms. I couldn't throw fire but I saw stars!!! (I've been seeing things since!).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.