GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getdotted.com - searching for domain names suggestion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/08/10 at 15:43
"Are you sure?"
I like the 'type anything here' box on your Status Page which takes you to Getdotted and it usually my starting page when looking for a new domain.

If you want to try looking for variations of a name you currently have to retype everything from scratch. It would be nice if you kept the original name in the 'box' so that customers could just edit and tweak things to find their ideal domain.

At the moment you have to type from scratch again in the 'search again here' box at the bottom of the results page.

If you click the 'Search again' link on the results page it takes you back to getdotted.com but the input domain search box has been cleared!

If you start from getdotted.com and then use your browser to go back a page then your original text is still there to be amended. But this doesn't work if I start at my favourite Status Page!

FWIW - My ideal situation would be to have the 'type anything here' domain search box (as per Status page) in the same place on all the domain related pages (top right) and to retain the visitors last searched for domain name. This would help streamline my domain registrations :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 13/08/10 at 15:43
"Are you sure?"
I like the 'type anything here' box on your Status Page which takes you to Getdotted and it usually my starting page when looking for a new domain.

If you want to try looking for variations of a name you currently have to retype everything from scratch. It would be nice if you kept the original name in the 'box' so that customers could just edit and tweak things to find their ideal domain.

At the moment you have to type from scratch again in the 'search again here' box at the bottom of the results page.

If you click the 'Search again' link on the results page it takes you back to getdotted.com but the input domain search box has been cleared!

If you start from getdotted.com and then use your browser to go back a page then your original text is still there to be amended. But this doesn't work if I start at my favourite Status Page!

FWIW - My ideal situation would be to have the 'type anything here' domain search box (as per Status page) in the same place on all the domain related pages (top right) and to retain the visitors last searched for domain name. This would help streamline my domain registrations :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 18/08/10 at 20:08
"Are you sure?"
No comments...?

Oh well. It was just a suggestion/feedback.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 19/08/10 at 08:54
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I think it might have just been missed more than anything else, I'll point it out to those who decide on these things and we'll see what happens!
Thu 19/08/10 at 09:16
"Are you sure?"
Cheers Numnut.

Nb. Lots of forum images seem broken this morning.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 19/08/10 at 09:30
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
That would be the image server which has not started the morning very happily.

It's being looked at now, so everything should be back to normal soon.
Thu 19/08/10 at 09:46
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Gave it some breakfast and it seems better now!
Fri 27/08/10 at 14:37
Regular
Hi Hmmm... just so you know your suggestions regarding the search boxes haven't been forgotten. They've successfully made it onto my rather exclusive To Do List, so I'll be giving your ideas some thought at some stage soon.
Sat 28/08/10 at 20:13
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update McLong.

If anything needs further explaining just let me know.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 06/09/10 at 18:39
Regular
Hi Hmmm,

I've just discussed this with a couple of colleagues, and as for the suggestion of pre-filling search boxes that appear on the GetDotted.com homepage and in the header bar at Freeola.com, we're not too sure if this will be an improvement.

If a customer searches for and buys a domain name, it takes a little bit of time for that domain registration process to complete (as I'm sure you're aware), in the meantime we would be pre-filling domain search boxes and effectively inviting the user to search for the same domain again, which for a period of time would still show 'available' on the results page and potentially be quite confusing (much like my explanation I imagine).

What we will do though is make more of the 'New Domain Search' box that appears at the bottom of the search results page on GetDotted. We will also pre-fill this particular search box with your previous search term, which won't cause the same potential problem as described above.

We should be able to make these changes during the week.
Tue 07/09/10 at 19:08
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
All sounds good.

I see what you mean about the confusion - but if the visitor goes on to register the domain then I would have thought you could drop the 'auto fill' info?

Just keeping the domain details on the main search pages I mentioned would be fine.

But I see what you are saying; and I'm sure it looks easy from where I'm sitting, but I know how things are ;¬)

I'll try to give you some feedback when you've made your changes!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.