GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager 10? Anyone? "

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2010'.
Wed 11/08/10 at 13:13
Regular
"How Ironic"
Football Manager 10 is the only game I play on my PC. Was just wondering if anyone else plays it/used to play it etc. because there's quite alot to discuss within the game (ie. Wonderkids, tactics etc.)
Fri 13/08/10 at 11:55
Regular
"How Ironic"
Oh, it's all just silly. I will be trying FM11 to see if it's any different, but my time with FM10 is officially over ;)
Fri 13/08/10 at 09:39
Regular
"And in last place.."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> And Itandje and Kyrgiakos kept complaining that I didn't play
> them.

What I find is that when players do that and I give them their chance they end up getting a red card.
Fri 13/08/10 at 05:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Funny to see some things never change. I last played FM about 3 years ago. I gave up because players kept getting injured all the time. :)
Fri 13/08/10 at 03:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
I decided to delete the game. Completely unrealistic. Despite my good form and results, the board constantly complained, the fan morale goes up and down like a yo-yo, I get £2 million taken out of my budget every month because of 2 fat americans, Torres (since my last post) has recovered and got injured yet again, as has Gerrard! The game is ludicrous.

*EDIT*Oh yes forgot to mention the countless bookings my players recieve despite me telling them to play cautiously. Last 2 matches I've had players sent off, and a few matches before that. And Itandje and Kyrgiakos kept complaining that I didn't play them. I give them a match to prove themselves. Lose 5-0 >.> And they still complained afterwards!
Thu 12/08/10 at 23:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, you can run as many leagues as your PC will allow.

Injuries are annoying. Maybe you need to ease them back in by playing a few reserve games or try and get some cover so you don't miss them when they get injured. :D It could also be that they are overtrained if you have played with the training at all.
Thu 12/08/10 at 22:09
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> On the PC version, you're allowed to participate in 3 different
> countries (England, Spain and Italy are the defaults) and you can
> set the lowest league that you can manage.

I thought you were allowed to run as many leagues/countries as was possible for the PC's spec, although it does hugely effect the size of the save in the end. I currently have 9 countries running on my FM09 game, after all.
Thu 12/08/10 at 20:26
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well I'm yet again annoyed with FM. Lost the Blackburn match, and Torres got injured yet again! The amount of injuries my team has suffered within 3 months is ludicrous. It's always Gerrard and Torres, and Maxi Rodriguez has recently got injured for 4 months. Torres is out for 4 weeks again. I'm giving up, I can't compete with such unrealistic scenarios.
Thu 12/08/10 at 14:59
Regular
"And in last place.."
I miss that aspect in the PSP version but to be fair, the hardware restrictions come into play with this sort of thing.

I read an interview with SI today about the latest FM game and they have said they pretty much have taken the PSP version as far as it can go.
Thu 12/08/10 at 14:54
Regular
"How Ironic"
On the PC version, you're allowed to participate in 3 different countries (England, Spain and Italy are the defaults) and you can set the lowest league that you can manage.
Thu 12/08/10 at 14:49
Regular
"And in last place.."
I'm in my 4th season with Rangers and sitting top of the SPL. I've won 3 titles in a row. Just finished the Champions League group stage and realistically won 6 out of 6 including easy wins over Valencia and Lyon.

I've signed a couple of promising youngsters on pre-season contracts. It's all going well.

One thing I have found restrictive with the PSP version is the career progression. Once you choose a country to manage in you are stuck there, you can only have one active country at a time. And you seem to be incapable of moving onwards and upwards. For example, when I first started playing the 08 version I managed Gillingham. I took them to the Premiership and finished 6th in my first season at the top. A few job vacancies arose, including clubs that finished below my mighty Gillingham but I got knocked back for them all. In my 2nd season with Gillingham I got them a champions league slot but again, no other club was interested in me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.