GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fight club (short and sweet)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/11/01 at 15:36
Regular
Beat 'em ups, don't ya just love. We all enjoy a bash now and again (some more than others) and it's said to be de-stressing (if thats a word). There also getting more realistic as time goes on, just look at Tekken for example. One thing that doesn't change though is the way you can finish someone. When your energy bar is depleted, why can someone K.O. you just by kicking your ankle!!! Come on, if your tired out from, say, running, or football, if someone thumps your leg, you don't pass out, so why is this the case in fighting games. On the other hand, if someone SLAMS your head as hard as they can, your goin' down. So developers, its simple, instead of being able to K.O. your opponent by kicking his ankle, make it so you have to hit his head. More realistic, and it keeps the pressure on for longer. (oh, and if you think the opposition would just block when there energys low, well, go for their 'nether' regions and when there clutching 'em, go for the head shot).
And if it's a lass, well, I can't be bothered writing anymore, I'm sure there are lots of possibilities, have you got any ideas?
Wed 21/11/01 at 21:27
"period drama"
Reload wrote:
> True. I've always found it too unrealistic when you K.O. someone just by a
> slight tap to the ankle. Energy bars are to blame, but what is a beat-em-up
> without energy bars?

It wouldn't be one!

haven't you heard of bushido blade (the original, not crappy ps2 version) now THAT was a proper slash-em-up
Wed 21/11/01 at 20:19
*big smile on her face*
That's okay.
Wed 21/11/01 at 20:14
no, sorry, i wasnt trying to be rude.
Wed 21/11/01 at 20:04
I'm not mad I jsut wanted to know,no need to get offensive.
Wed 21/11/01 at 20:01
Dont ask. Seriously.
If you must know read the unfair trading on the net post, carefully so you dont miss the key moment when i mess up.
Just please dont get mad at me like everyone else.

I just wanna get on with my life and my gad attempts.
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:57
How on earth did you get banned?
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:56
Hey, if you can think up a better fighting game system, id like to hear it.

Boxing works on a points system, so why cant beat em ups?
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:35
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Sorry 'bout that, damn keyboard!

I think like Ice Hockey games have minor fight situations, football games should also. You get fouled, the game moves to a cutscene and then the referee shouts "FIGHT". Then you and your opponent have a little bash at each other to the crowds amusement then when it's all over one of you will either get sent off or booked depending who performed the most effective moves.

Cool huh?! A mixture of genre.
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:31
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
True. I've always found it too unrealistic when you K.O. someone just by a slight tap to the ankle. Energy bars are to blame, but what is a beat-em-up without energy bars?

It wouldn't be one!
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:31
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
True. I've always found it too realistic when you K.O. someone just by a slight tap to the ankle. Energy bars are to blame, but what is a beat-em-up without energy bars?

It wouldn't be one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.