GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fight club (short and sweet)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/11/01 at 15:36
Regular
Beat 'em ups, don't ya just love. We all enjoy a bash now and again (some more than others) and it's said to be de-stressing (if thats a word). There also getting more realistic as time goes on, just look at Tekken for example. One thing that doesn't change though is the way you can finish someone. When your energy bar is depleted, why can someone K.O. you just by kicking your ankle!!! Come on, if your tired out from, say, running, or football, if someone thumps your leg, you don't pass out, so why is this the case in fighting games. On the other hand, if someone SLAMS your head as hard as they can, your goin' down. So developers, its simple, instead of being able to K.O. your opponent by kicking his ankle, make it so you have to hit his head. More realistic, and it keeps the pressure on for longer. (oh, and if you think the opposition would just block when there energys low, well, go for their 'nether' regions and when there clutching 'em, go for the head shot).
And if it's a lass, well, I can't be bothered writing anymore, I'm sure there are lots of possibilities, have you got any ideas?
Wed 21/11/01 at 15:36
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Beat 'em ups, don't ya just love. We all enjoy a bash now and again (some more than others) and it's said to be de-stressing (if thats a word). There also getting more realistic as time goes on, just look at Tekken for example. One thing that doesn't change though is the way you can finish someone. When your energy bar is depleted, why can someone K.O. you just by kicking your ankle!!! Come on, if your tired out from, say, running, or football, if someone thumps your leg, you don't pass out, so why is this the case in fighting games. On the other hand, if someone SLAMS your head as hard as they can, your goin' down. So developers, its simple, instead of being able to K.O. your opponent by kicking his ankle, make it so you have to hit his head. More realistic, and it keeps the pressure on for longer. (oh, and if you think the opposition would just block when there energys low, well, go for their 'nether' regions and when there clutching 'em, go for the head shot).
And if it's a lass, well, I can't be bothered writing anymore, I'm sure there are lots of possibilities, have you got any ideas?
Wed 21/11/01 at 16:53
Regular
"smile, it's free"
How about, as a character gets beaten up, he/she gets slower, and his/her moves get less potent?

It would be on a sliding scale thing, whereby you wouldn't get much slower from a tap to the arm if you've already got a bashed in head. Then you can be KO'd by certain moves once your energy falls below a certain level.
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:05
Regular
What if it was a Larry, Moe, Curly thing, and someone got poked in the eye?

How could you simulate that?
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:08
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Add lots of swearing? Blur the screen (one player mode only)
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:10
Regular
Kick to the scrotum?

That would be quite difficult... probably some sort of blurring/fading, loss of control, all punchs/kicks seeming halfhearted.
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:13
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Nope, that one's also easy.

Screen blacks out. Two words fade in.

GAME OVER.
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:25
Regular
:0)

Ok, player 2 plucks player 1's nosehair.

Screen becomes watery and blurred.
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Some good suggestions so far.
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:25
"period drama"
the girls lauch a suprise leg waxing.

ha ha!

or they say "your bum looks big in that"
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:29
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Or they could distract their male opponents by revealing certain body parts, then executing a swift knee to the goolies. While the guys on the floor in pain, she could finish him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.