GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Gear"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/10 at 14:51
"possibly impossible"
In a bid to suggest he's not doing well, The Guardian has just described Tom Cruise's appearance on Top Gear as 'slumming it', insinuating that the programme is for those of a certain class, not fit for celebs.

Now I for one love Top Gear and can't see why it would be just something to appeal to the sort of people The Guardian insinuates but I thought I'd put the question out there and ask you lot what you thought about the show?

The missions they get sent on are often hilarious and, yes, they can be a bit over-the-top and insensitive at times (well, Clarkson can) but it's entertaining.
Fri 06/08/10 at 00:11
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Yeah Robot Wars! Just saw it today and boy did it bring back memories. Makes me remember my favourite robot Hypnodisc. Good fun at the time that show.
Thu 05/08/10 at 17:55
Regular
"How Ironic"
I love the old Top Gear episodes, but yes, the new ones are way too scripted to be considered comical. I know the 'funny stuff' on Top Gear is almost always set up, but now, everything is written before the show it seems. Anyway, I'm just happy to see Robot Wars on Dave :)
Thu 05/08/10 at 17:42
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I really used to enjoy Top Gear especially the challenges the three would compete in. However now I just find it too over the top and 'scripted.' I'm probably one of the few out there that just hopes it ends soon as every season seems to decline in terms of fun and entertainment.
Thu 05/08/10 at 17:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Top Gear is one of the few shows I actually go out of my way to watch. It can be stupid and forced but it is also funny, you get to see cars that we could only dream of owning, the presenters interact well together and they can also do interesting pieces like the recent Senna piece.

I have no expectation from one episode to the next I just sit down and enjoy and I usually enjoy what they put together.
Thu 05/08/10 at 16:32
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
My interest in Top Gear has waned recently, whilst I enjoy their various challenges and races, a lot of the action seems forced and (mostly) faked. Still, if I can catch it on a Sunday evening I will give it a watch as it can be funny.

I think the perception of the show from certain areas of the public is based on the fact that is has moved away from a 'car show' to a 'comedy show with the occasional techy car bit'. Plus what is reported about Clarkson in the broadsheet media.
Thu 05/08/10 at 15:15
Regular
"And in last place.."
I like Top Gear a lot. It's one of the few programmes I watch although I will admit to having a little backlog on the V+ box (last episode I saw was the red haired guy from the Harry Potter films).

It is over the top but it's just entertaining and amusing.

I don't quite understand what the Guardian is getting at, it's not like Top Gear have to scrape the barrel with the celebs they have on.
Thu 05/08/10 at 14:51
"possibly impossible"
In a bid to suggest he's not doing well, The Guardian has just described Tom Cruise's appearance on Top Gear as 'slumming it', insinuating that the programme is for those of a certain class, not fit for celebs.

Now I for one love Top Gear and can't see why it would be just something to appeal to the sort of people The Guardian insinuates but I thought I'd put the question out there and ask you lot what you thought about the show?

The missions they get sent on are often hilarious and, yes, they can be a bit over-the-top and insensitive at times (well, Clarkson can) but it's entertaining.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.