GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony: We really need to do something about this..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 19:07
Regular
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the amount of topics posted on chat each day is getting very high!
With SR growing this is understanding, but this always isn’t the reason.

Son of Liberty has already written 3 topics today, more have been written in one day but this is an example that I found today!

I think you should make either a rule were your only allowed one post a day on each forum.
And stress the fact to use the console forums more like the DC one or the Ps2 one.
AS many topics are written in chat just about 1 console!

Son Of Liberty has written a topic strictly about the PS2, this should be posted in the PS2 forum, as it is just about PS2.

The amount of topics is getting very annoying and boring.
I for one think that the majority of FOG would prefer this idea than the Chat forum to be littered with many topics, mostly rubbish.

It is very doubtful that this well be agreed but you should also think about making a Newbie Prime Forum. Some Newbies try and not all are bad posters. Firebalt posted a perfect topic that is prime worthy but as he's a newbie he had to post it in chat, where it didn't get the respect it needed. This might not work because of the spamming a lot of the newbies cause, but it's worth a try. This might also minimize the topics amount in chat.

The amount of topics is getting very annoying and boring.
I for one think that the majority of FOG would prefer this idea than the Chat forum to be littered with many topics, mostly rubbish.
Thanks for Reading

P.S. Sorry if I offended you SOL and I don’t hate you or anything. You were just there at the wrong place at the wrong time as the saying goes, no, wait…. Never mind :)
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:38
Regular
Strictly speaking that when Fog Chat came to be 2 months or so ago, it was just for chatting about most things. If you wanted to chat about Games you can do it on chat (we don't mind) or you can do it on Prime. Prime is where most of the best writers hang out (those respected people). But i think that people should stop whining about stuff and just get on with whos who and whats what! But like i said before a spammers a spammer and theres nothing we can do about it because we are those sad, pathetic regulars (sigh)or newbies (sigh x2). What you could do is report there post or e-mail Special Reserve!
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, I dunno what we can do, but seriously this is ridiculous. I have a story topic (don't worry it is a game related story...) in FOG chat, (Invasion of the Poke-It-Ons) and I add another part every day since the weekend. The past few days when I have gone to add stuff it hasn't even been on the first FOG chat page, because so many topics are being started EVERY DAY!

Now I am not against Newbies at all, we've all been one, but I think that there should be a limit of no. of new topics started by each user on FOG chat. one or two a day should be enough. And also make sure if something is ONLY about one console it should be posted in the relevant topic (Sega, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) rather than FOG chat, as it really is becoming stupid!
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:26
Regular
I think that aslong as someone posts something that is readable and is interesting it should be allowed to be posted on this forum. If someone posts three topics in one day and they are more than 8 lines, i don't see the problem! There could be one reason that people don't like the forum to be posted with loads of topics and this could be jealously or you think that you don't have a better chance of winning Game a day. But on the other hand if the person is a spammer and is just doing it for the sake of it ( to get a better word count) is pathetic. In some cases users have been banned all you have to do is send an e-mail to Special reserve saying that this person is spamming and basically thats the end of the problem. You should of e-mailed this topic to Special Reserve because they would of been able to sort this out directly with you!
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:17
I am not a fascist. Maybe when I'm old, stuborn and retired, but not at the present moment.
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My tagline rocks...

You dirty facists
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:10
Sounds like too much hassle to me.
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:03
Dont split the forums again, it will be an even bigger mess. My advice is to allow notables to upgrade quality posts in the FOGChat to the FOGPrime at their discretion.

I know what you mean about good topics being ignored in FOG chat, but another forum will only mean that the chat moves there.

Of course if a newbie Prime Forum may work if newbies could only post in it once a day.

It could work but it may make things work, maybe a trial would be a good thing!

Goodluck whatever you decide Tony
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:57
Regular
"Back For Good"
JaCeeUK wrote:
Son Of Liberty has written a topic strictly about the PS2, this
> should be posted in the PS2 forum, as it is just about PS2.

dude how many Nintendo topics have you seen in the last week or so in FOG?

The amount of
> topics is getting very annoying and boring.
I for one think that the majority
> of FOG would prefer this idea than the Chat forum to be littered with many
> topics, mostly rubbish.

well this topic is hardly entertaining!!
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:26
"High polygon count"
Glad to help with your new tag.

And your new tag gave rise to my new tag...
Wed 21/11/01 at 17:22
Regular
I've never filled my bin. It always gets emptied by an unknown force before I get the chance.

Why does "Fill my Bin" sound rude?

I've needed a new tagline anyway, at least until I find Roger Moore.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.