GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony: We really need to do something about this..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 19:07
Regular
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the amount of topics posted on chat each day is getting very high!
With SR growing this is understanding, but this always isn’t the reason.

Son of Liberty has already written 3 topics today, more have been written in one day but this is an example that I found today!

I think you should make either a rule were your only allowed one post a day on each forum.
And stress the fact to use the console forums more like the DC one or the Ps2 one.
AS many topics are written in chat just about 1 console!

Son Of Liberty has written a topic strictly about the PS2, this should be posted in the PS2 forum, as it is just about PS2.

The amount of topics is getting very annoying and boring.
I for one think that the majority of FOG would prefer this idea than the Chat forum to be littered with many topics, mostly rubbish.

It is very doubtful that this well be agreed but you should also think about making a Newbie Prime Forum. Some Newbies try and not all are bad posters. Firebalt posted a perfect topic that is prime worthy but as he's a newbie he had to post it in chat, where it didn't get the respect it needed. This might not work because of the spamming a lot of the newbies cause, but it's worth a try. This might also minimize the topics amount in chat.

I for one think that the majority of FOG would prefer this idea than the Chat forum to be littered with many topics, mostly rubbish.
Thanks for Reading

P.S. Sorry if I offended you SOL and I don’t hate you or anything. You were just there at the wrong place at the wrong time as the saying goes, no, wait…. Never mind :)
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:07
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the amount of topics posted on chat each day is getting very high!
With SR growing this is understanding, but this always isn’t the reason.

Son of Liberty has already written 3 topics today, more have been written in one day but this is an example that I found today!

I think you should make either a rule were your only allowed one post a day on each forum.
And stress the fact to use the console forums more like the DC one or the Ps2 one.
AS many topics are written in chat just about 1 console!

Son Of Liberty has written a topic strictly about the PS2, this should be posted in the PS2 forum, as it is just about PS2.

It is very doubtful that this well be agreed but you should also think about making a Newbie Prime Forum. Some Newbies try and not all are bad posters. Firebalt posted a perfect topic that is prime worthy but as he's a newbie he had to post it in chat, where it didn't get the respect it needed. This might not work because of the spamming a lot of the newbies cause, but it's worth a try. This might also minimize the topics amount in chat.

Thanks for Reading

P.S. Sorry if I offended you SOL and I don’t hate you or anything. You were just there at the wrong place at the wrong time as the saying goes, no, wait…. Never mind :)
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:13
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Nope. Tony ignore this please. 1 Post a day on each forum? Are you mad?
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:13
Regular
"I think you should make either a rule were your only allowed one post a day on each forum."

I'm guessing/hoping you mean topic, there...

Still, agree with what you mean. It's been mentioned several times that the amount of posts are ruining the dedication to quality, and certainly making it a lot harder to post on here properly.

It really, really, really would be great to have a limit of one topic a day. Or perhaps two, just in case.

Two on Fog chat, one everywhere else. Would be excellent. Would also encourage people to write decent topics... well I would, anyway.
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:18
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Aha. Ok. This sounds much better. Two topics on chat a day, and one everywhere else like Grix said.

This would be very good. People would have to post something good ;o)
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:34
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Please excuse my silly little mistake. Using the word post when it should clearly mean Topic.
Sorry…
Grix, you were right, it should be 2 on chat. The 2nd as a sort of emergency one if you know what I mean.
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:38
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Problem is... although there would be fewer irrelivant posts...

Because there are so few new topics, most of the new ones would end up just being filled with chat...

So you would still be stuck with the same number of decent, well written topics being ignored, and the same amount of spam being written... just, re-organised'?
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:43
Regular
I thought that.

But if you want to write a sensible topic, you can do so on Fog Prime. If you don't want to be too sensible about it, write it on chat. It doesn't matter too much if people stay on subject then.
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:48
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Isnt that how its supposed to be at the moment?

Same Spam, different format?
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:50
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Shanks, organized is better than unorganised...
Therefore it would be better.

I'm not saying that introducing this rule will completely rule out spamming, it will minimize it if anything.

There’s a lot of serious Topics written by Newbies. These don't usually get the attention they need in chat. So a Newbie Prime Forum would be a good idea. It would also clear out the chat forum and give it a bit of space to breath.

Is it me or is Tony and other staff members on less than usual now?
Tue 20/11/01 at 20:00
Regular
"*Plonk*"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I thought that.

But if you want to write a sensible topic, you can do so on
> Fog Prime. If you don't want to be too sensible about it, write it on chat. It
> doesn't matter too much if people stay on subject then.

That is so true. But problem - if a newbie wants to write a serious topic he has to do it on chat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.