GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Going to Blackpool"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/04/03 at 16:32
Regular
I've just been told m parents are taking me too Blackpool for the next 2 days. Nobody cares.. I know..

Before I go..

Any suggestions on where to go??

QUICK

Mum's calling
Tue 22/04/03 at 12:01
Regular
Why didn’t you visit my house?
I was expecting you.
I bought nachos and everything :(
Tue 22/04/03 at 11:57
"slightlyshortertagl"
Well, I'm back after a traumatic trip.

We get there all proud of ourselves that we got somewhere in the train (dad's a car obsessive). Take a Taxi to our hotel where we had our booking, went in sat down etc...etc... Started speaking arabic (we speak at home) then this stuck up b*****d of a hotel owner tells us not to speak in arabic when we're in his company. Mum gets angry, she gets 1/2 way to the door then gets into a rather loud shouting match with the guy. The word racist flew around a bit and as we were out of the door he told us not to speak 'our language' in 'his country'.

Cue me and dad walking along the seafront for the nest 1 1/2 hours looking for a hotel. Fortunately enough we got one eventually.

Ah yes, my uncle and aunt joined us in blackpool at around 2 in the morning. So, me being the oldest one o the kids and my dad being rather lazy, it was my job to get out of bed and open the front door of the hotel for them to come in.... Sleep? No chance

Next morning, had a dire breakfast of four week old eggs and just enough baked beans to feed a small ant, heck.. it was Blackpool.

Started off at the Pleasure beach with the Pepsi Max Big One.... Wow, went on that three time throughtout the day, each time differently.. once at the back, once at the front, then again at the front, except I was hanging forwards about to come out of my seat. Bliss.

Irn Bru Revolution, Grand National, Spin Doctor.. Valhalla All bloody amazing.

The great thing was.. NO QUEUES...

Got on the train back and reach Preston (needed to change there) sprinted across 8 platforms to get to our train which was a 1920 train.

We eventually got on the train at around 2210 after hanging around, getting more and more irritable as time went on.

Got home at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Out of all this, one good thing has come out.. I miss the first day of school :-D
Mon 21/04/03 at 19:17
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Isn't there a tower in Blackpool?
Sun 20/04/03 at 17:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
no, that's me.
Sun 20/04/03 at 17:48
Regular
I live right next to Blackpool you know. It is truly rubbish.
Sun 20/04/03 at 17:46
Regular
"That's right!"
Go to UK Centrefolds... not with your parents though.
Sun 20/04/03 at 17:41
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I'm going to blackpool this summer for a few days with my mates - should be a laugh. It doesnt matter where you go with your mates though because its the people you're with that make it good fun... and the booze.
Sun 20/04/03 at 17:35
"Uzi Lover"
I think he's gone. But I'm just guessing. He did say byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Blackpool is better then Southend for a seaside resort. Take it from me, I live in Southend. Scag city.
Sun 20/04/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Go to pleasure beach 'Pepsi Max, Ice Blast, Valhalla, etc' - random arcades, the tower is mediocre and sways in the wind. The zoo is rubbish as is the beach (it puts the 'poo' in Blackpool).

Theres the wax works which is ok if you are rich and have money to chuck away - the sea life centre sucks unless you are overly fish crazy.

Have a good time.
Sun 20/04/03 at 17:33
"Uzi Lover"
ee-or.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.