GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA SP for £15"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/04/03 at 19:55
Regular
this to me sounds like a dodgey deal. got to www.bargainconsoles.co.uk to buy one if you dare.

what the site says:

"you will receive the GBA SP delivered to your door.
Your £15.00 fee is for membership of the GBA SP program. Once joined, your name is added to the list of current members. When you are the top person and cycle (meaning 10 other people have joined the GBA SP program after you reach the top), we will ship your top ten GBA SP to you. That's it !
Once your membership fee is paid, you will receive a password enabling you to view the membership list"

dodgey dealings, are what they are made of. me thinks.

copied and pasted from the dodgey website show above
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:37
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Dodgey, the deal is. Never join, will I. A small print there is.
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:15
Regular
"past,present&future"
Complete scam.

They are relying on everyone getting everyone they know to join, but the more people join, the longer it takes for any one person to get to the top.

Avoid like the plague.
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:09
Regular
Scam.

You pay to join the list.
One person is at the top of the list. They wait for 10 more people to join, then send that one person a SP.
Next person moves to top of list, wait for another 10 to join.

-If you check the small print they'll say that they will terminate the list (and nobody waiting will get anything for their money, though they won't spell that out), probably when people have stopped joining so they're not making any more money.

So they only send one SP for every 10 people who sign up.
Ie, send one SP for every £150 they get paid.

If you join the list early enough (very early) you can get one.
It seems reasonable to assume they do actually send out the consoles, because;
1) They're in a grey area of the law somewhere between pyramid scams, deceit and legality. If they didn't send the consoles out they wouldn't even have a claim at legality.
2) They're making a mint out of the scam anyway, effectively selling SPs for £150 each. They don't need to rip you off any more.

However, you'd have to join the list very early to stand a chance (I'm not sure how many mugs sign up or how quickly, so I don't know how fast you'd have to be), and even if you were to get one it'd be tainted with the tears of little Timmy who sent in his pocket money only for you and some con man to b****-slap him back home.

I really really wouldn't.
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:01
"period drama"
And you have to pay them before you even see the list. Which is dodgey.
They could put you on a list of made-up names and you'll never get the thingy. They'll say "sorry, no-one else has joined." and leg it.
Mon 21/04/03 at 19:57
"period drama"
Something like that.
Mon 21/04/03 at 19:57
"period drama"
Scam.
They send 1 GBA per list.
Mon 21/04/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Balls"
this to me sounds like a dodgey deal. got to www.bargainconsoles.co.uk to buy one if you dare.

what the site says:

"you will receive the GBA SP delivered to your door.
Your £15.00 fee is for membership of the GBA SP program. Once joined, your name is added to the list of current members. When you are the top person and cycle (meaning 10 other people have joined the GBA SP program after you reach the top), we will ship your top ten GBA SP to you. That's it !
Once your membership fee is paid, you will receive a password enabling you to view the membership list"

dodgey dealings, are what they are made of. me thinks.

copied and pasted from the dodgey website show above

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.