GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A new slant on hell"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 16:32
Regular
So if God kicked out satan for being bad, and drink, drugs, hookers, gambling and even gaming is bad, how come everyone is so scared of hell?

Seems pretty cool to me....

:)
Wed 21/11/01 at 15:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
VenomByte wrote:
> Something I've always wondered about heaven:

If a man has a wife, but somehow
> she dies, and he then remarries a new wife, and they are both killed, which wife
> would he get reunited with in heaven? And in either case, it's not much of a
> heaven for the other wife, is it?

Oh, we're all getting really detailed now. If we went into so much detail on Evolution, I'm sure we'd find many flaws.

Each theory has flaws, but my one has proof (to me,) because I have felt God.
Wed 21/11/01 at 15:39
Regular
"I like cheese"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> Oh shut the hell up (pun not intended.) The Devil, a good guy?
> So murder, drugs,
> tempation, hurting people-they're all good are
> they?

You're on the very of
> ludicrous. In fact, no, that is
> ludicrous.

The so-called "God of Love" is not a very nice guy in
> the Old Testament. Nothing but kill and send plagues. And if HE doesn't do it
> personally, He sends one of His so-called Angels to do it for him (Isaiah
> 37:36).

For example, the flood which killed everyone but Noah. If it is true (I admit that some parts of the Bible may not be,) then he did it because because everyone was evil. Everyone dismissed him, and they stole, murdered, commited adultery etc. God created them, and he saw they had turned out badly, so he killed them. The same goes for the town of Sodom and Gomorrah (however you spell it.)

Back to evolution for a sec, although's there's evidence of it, there's evidence that proves the Bible too.

They have found sulphur balls were Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed (I can't remember exactly, but God sent down balls of fire or acid or something.) Also, they have found the tomb where Jesus was buried, and many other artefacts.

The Devil is evil. He tells people to do bad things, and leads everyone into temptation. Your conscience is God.
Wed 21/11/01 at 15:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
loki wrote:
> Ant wrote:

The Big
> Bang?? "There was nothing...and then, there
> was a huge
> explosion!"

Pure bo**ocks.

Makes as much sense as
> the alternative, an all powerful creator came from nothing?

And Evolution was
> disproved by the creater
> of the theory on his own deathbed.

That is
> total and utter rubbish. If the theory of evolution was abandoned in the 19th
> century no-one told the rest of the scientific community. The theory of
> evolution is a close as we can ever come to scientific fact, even the catholic
> church now accepts the principles of evolution. You would have to be a total
> lunatic to believe that evolution is a myth but accept the idea of hell without
> question.

There is proof that evolution is true, but there's also lots of ways it can be disproved. Why are there still apes?? Why haven't they evolved?

And I've heard many people say Darwin disproved his own theory...I'll research it.
Wed 21/11/01 at 11:52
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Everyone knows they lost the first page in the bible:

"All events in this book are purely fictional, any similarities to any person or peoples are purely coincidence."
Wed 21/11/01 at 10:49
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Ant wrote:

The Big
> Bang?? "There was nothing...and then, there was a huge
> explosion!"

Pure bo**ocks.

Makes as much sense as the alternative, an all powerful creator came from nothing?

And Evolution was disproved by the creater
> of the theory on his own deathbed.

That is total and utter rubbish. If the theory of evolution was abandoned in the 19th century no-one told the rest of the scientific community. The theory of evolution is a close as we can ever come to scientific fact, even the catholic church now accepts the principles of evolution. You would have to be a total lunatic to believe that evolution is a myth but accept the idea of hell without question.
Wed 21/11/01 at 09:49
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Something I've always wondered about heaven:

If a man has a wife, but somehow she dies, and he then remarries a new wife, and they are both killed, which wife would he get reunited with in heaven? And in either case, it's not much of a heaven for the other wife, is it?
Wed 21/11/01 at 09:23
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Oh shut the hell up (pun not intended.) The Devil, a good guy? So murder, drugs,
> tempation, hurting people-they're all good are they?

You're on the very of
> ludicrous. In fact, no, that is ludicrous.

The so-called "God of Love" is not a very nice guy in the Old Testament. Nothing but kill and send plagues. And if HE doesn't do it personally, He sends one of His so-called Angels to do it for him (Isaiah 37:36).
Tue 20/11/01 at 21:36
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ant wrote:
> Nomad_Soul wrote:
All
> the Devil tried to do is turn people away from this
> fanatic and mass murderer.
> The Devil is a misunderstood good guy.

Oh
> shut the hell up (pun not intended.) The Devil, a good guy? So murder, drugs,
> tempation, hurting people-they're all good are they?

You're on the very of
> ludicrous. In fact, no, that is ludicrous.

I'm sorry for my first statement, but I really think that what you said was a load of rubbish.

Just my opinion though. But if you believe that the Devil is a 'good guy,' then you're going the complete wrong way mate.

Also, I meant 'verge', not 'very.'
Tue 20/11/01 at 21:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
All
> the Devil tried to do is turn people away from this fanatic and mass murderer.
> The Devil is a misunderstood good guy.

Oh shut the hell up (pun not intended.) The Devil, a good guy? So murder, drugs, tempation, hurting people-they're all good are they?

You're on the very of ludicrous. In fact, no, that is ludicrous.
Tue 20/11/01 at 21:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well, actually, Satan was an angel of God before he rebelled against him.

Satan is very powerful. Nearly as powerful as God. A couple of nights before my baptism I had a real breakdown. I just hated life for seemingly no reason, and I know that was the Devil. When he sees that you're going to join God, he targets you.

And God forgives all sins when you are sorry. If you apologise to God, and you truly mean it, then he will forgive you. So why not try looking up your facts first.

And also, instead of just saying, "Oh, they don't exist blah blah blah," try and think of a better explanation.

The Big Bang?? "There was nothing...and then, there was a huge explosion!"

Pure bo**ocks.

And Evolution was disproved by the creater of the theory on his own deathbed.

Lets put it this way, perhaps you should realise that what you are all saying is opinion based. God has done many amazing things, and I know this personally.

I respect all your opinions, but I think some of you should actually think before you disprove it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.