GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Murdering Mario"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/04/03 at 09:24
Regular
Mario annoys me.
In fact, he must be one of the most annoying videogame characters of all time.
What, with his "it's-a-me, Mario!", and his "here-we-go!", and all the other mind-grating catchphrases he comes out with.

So I've decided to kill him.

Firstly, I'd kidnap Toad, that spotty half-hobbit, half-mushroom thing.
Have-a-go-hero Mario would of course attempt to rescue him, and thus he would fall perilously into my devious ambush.
With the aid of some Road Runner-type contraption, I'd snare the loathsome plumber and bind his holier-than-thou hands behind his back.

With Mario captured, I'd stand him up, take a deep breath, wind-up all my energy into my right arm, then unleash a withering uppercut - knocking the stumpy superhero into a Tekken-style twisting somersault fall.
This sickening blow would render him unconscious.

Next, I'd whip out some shaving foam and an old-fashioned razor-blade, and as the Ninty weasel lay oblivious on the ground with twinkling stars spinning around his head, I'd gleefully shave off his god-aweful tash.
A symbolic gesture of supreme dominance on my part.

With the once powerful Mario tashless and still unconscious, I'd roll into the scene one of those cannons from Mario 64.
Then with the help of SEGA madboys Toejam & Earl, I'd load the chirpy blue and red fool feet-first into the cannon then wait.
As soon as I heard the nauseating tones of his bewildered awakening, I'd shove the cannon up against a brickwall, with the open end facing the wall.
Mario would come to his senses and shout from within the enclosed cannon: "Hey, whats-a-goin' on? It's a-me, Mario! Let-a-me outta here!"
On hearing his pitiful cries for help, I'd give Toejam the nod to fire the cannon.
Needless to say that Mario's thick head would impact the wall with such force that there would be nothing left but a bloody and mangled pulp.

Next, I'd take out Mario's headless corpse, sprinkle it with lighter fuel, and set it aflame.
The next day when his smouldering remains are nothing but crispy charcoal, I'd gather them up into a small box, wrap the box in glittery blue paper, then on Christmas Eve send the parcel with a note explaining the contents to:

SONIC
c/o SEGA Corporation
Japan

I'm sure the blue hedgehog would be more than amused.
Wed 14/05/03 at 21:39
"I love yo... lamp."
I thought it was funny. Mario is only good in small doses. But yes i do like the idea of a Rare game where you could kill plumbers. Especially those ones that charge fortunes for eemergency call outs.
Wed 14/05/03 at 21:10
Regular
"8==="
Can you both just kill jigglypuff. have a half each
Wed 14/05/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Yes Very_Metal, your reply was in the 'jokey' spirit in which my post was written. Thanks :)
Wed 14/05/03 at 19:21
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Jakeway wrote:
> none of that was funny... I think its funnyer that some dork typed all
> that out.

yeah, you thought SO little of it that you felt the need to join in ;P

this thread may be pointless to you, but so is your opinion to those joining in, if you've got nothing nice or fun to say then don't bother mate.
Wed 14/05/03 at 16:24
Regular
"8==="
kill jigglypuff. you know why: he exists
Wed 14/05/03 at 16:23
Regular
"8==="
it would be quite funny if you could kill plumbers in future rare titles.
Tue 13/05/03 at 18:33
Regular
You evil so and so. But I agree, chirpy Mario does get on my nerves sometimes, but I wouldn't want him dead. Sonic is cooler, no doubt about it.
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:25
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Chill dude, just a light-hearted post. I love Mario really....
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:17
Regular
none of that was funny... I think its funnyer that some dork typed all that out.
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:09
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Dear Mr. Sonic,
we at nintendo would very much appreciate your NOT murdering our most recognisable character.

such a move would reduce our output by a sizeble percentage, thus rendering the gamecube and future nintendo consoles economically unviable. In light of your company (SEGA) swithcing to development only and enjoying large unit sales on our console, we feel your murderous intentions may also prove harmful to your continued finacial success....

if you intend to follow up these threats, we request that you return to us all royalties gained from gamecube sales, it's either that or STOP THE HYPOCRASY!!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.