GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Greatest game of the year!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 11:48
Regular
What do you all think will be the greatest game of the year?
I feel that Metal Gear Solid 2: SOL is going to take it because it has an amazing storyline and life like CG's. I can't think of another game to compare to it unless Shenmue 2 comes out before the year ends and then it will still be close.

What do you all think???
Wed 21/11/01 at 13:59
For me, so far this year, GTA3 is the best. GT3 is very nice looking but the amount of gameplay in GTA3 is immense. I love it ! The only possible alternative for me may well be Silent Hill 2. I will let you know after the weekend !
Wed 21/11/01 at 13:46
Regular
"*Plonk*"
game of the year
game of the year
who will it be
just wait and see
so many to choose
most would lose
or just get druink on booze!

CBFD.
Tue 20/11/01 at 21:40
Reload wrote:
> The greatest game of the year is undoubtedly MGS2. Even GTA3 cannot beat its
> standard, now that's telling you something. I will be very surprised to see any
> game beat this one, well, for the year anyway.

Shenmue 2, yes, is a close
> contender, but not close enough. Any other games you think'll beat MGS2 'cos I'm
> stuck for ideas even with GameCube and Xbox titles!

I can't think of another title for any system as of right now but one of the companys might be hidind a big suprize for the holidays.
Mon 19/11/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Whatever!"
Either GTA 3, GT3 or Pro Evolution - although its not out yet you know just how good its going to be!!
Mon 19/11/01 at 16:11
"High polygon count"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> I've heard GTA3 hasn't been 'refined'. Incomplete, is that true. Was it rushed
> out?

There is one minor graphical glitch occasionally, but the only people who can answer that question are Rockstar.
Mon 19/11/01 at 16:09
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
The greatest game of the year is undoubtedly MGS2. Even GTA3 cannot beat its standard, now that's telling you something. I will be very surprised to see any game beat this one, well, for the year anyway.

Shenmue 2, yes, is a close contender, but not close enough. Any other games you think'll beat MGS2 'cos I'm stuck for ideas even with GameCube and Xbox titles!
Mon 19/11/01 at 14:21
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I've heard GTA3 hasn't been 'refined'. Incomplete, is that true. Was it rushed out?
Mon 19/11/01 at 14:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
Digitiser have Grand Theft Auto 3 as their top game of 2001, I really should get that :-)
Mon 19/11/01 at 14:02
Solid_Rowlett wrote:
> Have you played Metal Gear Solid 2 yet. If not then don't count your chickens
> before they have hatched!!!

I firmly believe that I will enjoy/ prefer THPS3 more than MGS2. Thats not to say I won't enjoy MGS2, on the contrary, I fully expect it to take pride of place as my second favourite game. The Hawsters genre got me hooked though.
Mon 19/11/01 at 14:00
Bonus wrote:
> Solid_Rowlett wrote:
> Have you played Metal Gear Solid 2 yet. If not then
> don't count your chickens
> before they have hatched!!!

*SLAP*

I
> doesn't come out here until next year!!!!!!

:D

*SLAP*

I have had it for four days and have already beat it three times so HAHA!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.