GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Forums - any ideas?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/07/06 at 08:53
Regular
Okay we've got the Movies & TV forum and the Sports forum. We had to leave out Books and Music because the staffies felt it was too general so I guess they can still be included or made into their own forum.

The forums we're still missing are Intelligent Discussion, WWE and Web Design, PC & Internet. Well we have a Web Development forum but is really intended for Freeola website customers :(

The good news is that unlike before we can create a forum about anything we want now. The only problem is thinking of some good ones.

Umm I thought of a Review forum, lots of people loved writing reviews on the SR website and I won my first few GADs writing reviews of DVD players. I think it would be great and very useful. Whether writing reviews about games, mp3 players, digital cameras, movies, DVDs whatever. Plus this gives everyone a chance to win GAD for reviews again.

Anyone have any other ideas for forums?
Thu 06/07/06 at 18:05
Regular
I think the art goes into the Creative forum, or is it just called Creative Writing I forget.

We could always have an introduction thread in the General chat :)
Thu 06/07/06 at 18:04
Regular
"nooblet"
What about..
Art section? post drawings etc.
Introductions etc.
just my ideas ^^
Thu 06/07/06 at 16:38
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> A review forum might actually be a good idea, but then again you
> could just post the reviews in the relevant forums (ie. game
> reviews in the relevant section of the consoles forum, CD/DVD/TV
> reviews in Movies/TV, etc.)

Yes I thought that would be an option too, but would a forum dedicated to reviews be more encouraging. But then I worried about the layout of the forum and how you would be able to use all this information. I suppose like the Creative forum had a list of stories everyone did you could list threads of all the reviews. A list of movie/DVD reviews, game reviews, etc. Still needs some tinkering I guess.

> It seems most 'Intelligent Discussion' things are just going
> into General Chat at the moment, which seems fair enough, but if
> traffic starts picking up and Chat gets crowded, it might be nice
> to have the ID forum back...

I agree, would love to get the ID forum back, I've been holding off some threads that I think would be interesting topics for discussion but I didn't want to place them in General. I dunno I guess in ID you put more thought into your posts and you get more lenghty replies :) Ducky loves it there too.
Thu 06/07/06 at 16:31
Regular
Cruciatum Fixative wrote:
> Gone Away wrote:
> That can be a bit of a legal minefield though...
>
> I said that to them, but would they listen? :P

Lies, taking other peoples credit, that's just low Cruciatum

;P
Thu 06/07/06 at 16:30
Regular
Gone Away wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> an Online Media forum, which I
> guess we can use for online video, podcasts, webcomics, etc.
>

Yes that's true :/ I suppose we could always have guidelines and what not to post.
Thu 06/07/06 at 15:27
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
A review forum might actually be a good idea, but then again you could just post the reviews in the relevant forums (ie. game reviews in the relevant section of the consoles forum, CD/DVD/TV reviews in Movies/TV, etc.)

It seems most 'Intelligent Discussion' things are just going into General Chat at the moment, which seems fair enough, but if traffic starts picking up and Chat gets crowded, it might be nice to have the ID forum back...
Thu 06/07/06 at 15:18
Regular
"Mooching around"
Gone Away wrote:

I said that to them, but would they listen? :P
Thu 06/07/06 at 15:15
Regular
"..."
Machie wrote:
> an Online Media forum, which I
> guess we can use for online video, podcasts, webcomics, etc.

That can be a bit of a legal minefield though...
Thu 06/07/06 at 15:13
Regular
"Mooching around"
I think that was Shrimper.
Thu 06/07/06 at 15:06
Regular
Cooking? heh, I burn my cereal >_<

Umm a Mac forum, oh and who was it who suggested an Online Media forum, which I guess we can use for online video, podcasts, webcomics, etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.