GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Forums - any ideas?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/07/06 at 08:53
Regular
Okay we've got the Movies & TV forum and the Sports forum. We had to leave out Books and Music because the staffies felt it was too general so I guess they can still be included or made into their own forum.

The forums we're still missing are Intelligent Discussion, WWE and Web Design, PC & Internet. Well we have a Web Development forum but is really intended for Freeola website customers :(

The good news is that unlike before we can create a forum about anything we want now. The only problem is thinking of some good ones.

Umm I thought of a Review forum, lots of people loved writing reviews on the SR website and I won my first few GADs writing reviews of DVD players. I think it would be great and very useful. Whether writing reviews about games, mp3 players, digital cameras, movies, DVDs whatever. Plus this gives everyone a chance to win GAD for reviews again.

Anyone have any other ideas for forums?
Wed 23/08/06 at 19:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
We could do with an Intelligent Discussion forum I think and I wouldn't mind a WWE forum as well.
Wed 23/08/06 at 17:34
Regular
Do we have enough regular users to create more forums now?

The ID threads have done well, they could use a new home.
Thu 13/07/06 at 23:58
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere else as well, so if more people want it, then it's probably not a bad idea (take the Wii for example :-D)

On that note, why am I still a JAT? I want Newbie status dammit! :-P
Sat 08/07/06 at 17:31
"Are you sure?"
The "Web Development Forum" is starting to get a fair number of GAD queries etc. as this forum does also say it's for Freeola feedback.

For me, it would make sense to have a Forum for general GAD and Chat related queries and another forum that focuses on the Hosting and ISP side of Freeola (i.e. Freeola's core business).

If separate Forums is seen as a bit OTT then perhaps the Web Development Forum should be renamed FREEOLA and then have separate sections (using the same principle as the Games Forum).

The sections could be General Freeola queries and Freeola Technical and Web Design.

Does this make sense? ...
Sat 08/07/06 at 12:14
Regular
"Mooching around"
An animation forum would probably be eaten up by the Creative one.

If not, I'm not so sure many people would make use of it. It is quite a select topic, so why not make a forum (as i suggested :-D) that incorporates all these select topics people want a fourm made out of.

Just like the Games forum is split up into 4 more sub categories, so could another forum?
Sat 08/07/06 at 11:31
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
I think someone mentioned it but an animation forum. Where people post there own animations which you can do on the internet or there are some drawing programmes for your computer which does animation. With this we could have a monthly winner.

You could even do a short animation competition like in short stories.
Fri 07/07/06 at 08:19
Regular
Chr1s wrote:
> I suggest just re-introducing the ones we had before. It worked
> well enough and everyone seemed happy.

Okey dokey, now we just need 3 volunteers for the Intelligent Discussion. I think [B]Cruciatum Fixative[/B] and [B]Hedfix[/B] offered so far.
Fri 07/07/06 at 08:17
Regular
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> It tends to throw up some interesting content, and with the
> added space for it to branch into a discussion on a forum, it
> could be fun.
>
> We could call it 'Chat Nerd Answers'.

Sounds good :) this place has always been good for that sort of thing.

"what's the name of that really funny webcomic with the penguins?"

you get the idea
Fri 07/07/06 at 01:01
Regular
As I see it, Intelerjunt Discushin was 'needed' because General Chat was full of short, spammy threads.

While General is quiet, we don't really need ID, but as and when things pick up again, it will probably become worth reintroducing it again.

Has anyone been on Yahoo Answers?
You ask a question ('start a forum'), everyone gets to answer it (but can only answer once, so it's not really a discussion).

It tends to throw up some interesting content, and with the added space for it to branch into a discussion on a forum, it could be fun.

We could call it 'Chat Nerd Answers'.
Fri 07/07/06 at 00:53
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I suggest just re-introducing the ones we had before. It worked well enough and everyone seemed happy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.