GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TS2 beats Halo? Jesus christ, you must be insane!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Wed 23/04/03 at 19:54
Regular
Some morons in the GC room think TS2 is better than Halo - I don'r know where to start! They have obviously never played it in there lives...come and help me defend our master peice - GC Room - MARIO KART SCREEN SHOTS sub room (The topic changed half way as the title suggests)
Sat 26/04/03 at 02:37
Regular
Operation Flashpoint is rubbish.

It's so realistic you may as well save your money and watch paint dry instead.
Sat 26/04/03 at 01:42
Regular
Flashpoint isn't 1st person either.

PD0 will chomp beggar all, what with all the creative people running off and joining Free Radical and Zoonami.
Sat 26/04/03 at 01:38
Regular
Nah PD0 will chomp Halo 2.
Sat 26/04/03 at 01:32
Regular
To be honest I agree with Mav. Halo 2 should be the best FPS when it is released but until then I am backing either Deus EX 2 or Operation Flashpoint (Xbox) as the rulers of that throne until then. Having said that I will contradict myself in saying that if Deus EX 2 is like the first installment then it won't be a FPS as such but more of an Action/Adventure/RPG/Shooter.
Sat 26/04/03 at 00:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
For me, TS2 gets 6/10.

Halo gets 8/10.

I will back this up at some point but can’t be bothered now.
Sat 26/04/03 at 00:38
Regular
Jericho15 wrote:
> Savatt78 wrote:
>
> In my opinion, TS2 doesn't even come into the same league as Halo.
> Outside of Halo 2, I think its gonna take something damn special to
> ever have me questioning Halo as the best FPS money can buy.
>
> Perfect Dark 2?

both of 'em - Deus Ex 2: Invisible War will easily be the best first person shooter EVER created. No contest.. at all.
Sat 26/04/03 at 00:35
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> GC owners will cling to it more cause its one of the few FPS games they
> have and going on GC FPS - its about the best title you can get
> (excluding etroid Prime as a straight FPS).

While this may be true in some cases - a lot of PS2 owners prefer TimeSplitters 2 also, and as someone who owns all consoles - I too think it's better. They'd both be in the Premiership, after all (seeing as Ali likes football metaphors).
Thu 24/04/03 at 22:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
We'll have to wait and see. ;-)
Thu 24/04/03 at 21:37
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Savatt78 wrote:

> In my opinion, TS2 doesn't even come into the same league as Halo.
> Outside of Halo 2, I think its gonna take something damn special to
> ever have me questioning Halo as the best FPS money can buy.

Perfect Dark 2?

PD2 should be a top game if the first one was anything to go by.
Thu 24/04/03 at 21:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
In my opinion, bar a few levels, TS2 isn't all that good. GC owners will cling to it more cause its one of the few FPS games they have and going on GC FPS - its about the best title you can get (excluding Metroid Prime as a straight FPS).

The Wild West level was good, but the aiming system wasn't all that, the game didn't really suck me in, the missions to unlock other characters and stufff were just annoying and even though there were more multiplayer options in TS2, I prefer multiplayer in Halo a lot more.
I dunno, I just feel that Halo requires more skill whereas TS2 is a case of just running at people like some nut with the trigger held down.

In my opinion, TS2 doesn't even come into the same league as Halo. Outside of Halo 2, I think its gonna take something damn special to ever have me questioning Halo as the best FPS money can buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.