GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why the Greystation is rubbish."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 12:10
Regular
I know most of my posts are the same but who cares? As most of you will know the greystation is pathetic. Sony have copied Nintendos idea of coloured consoles. The gamecube has five or more different colours so Sony thought their black brick should be in different colours too so now the playstation 2 has a couple of different clours which look rare.

This is why Miamoto made the new Zelda game with the cartoony look as in E3 he showed the brilliant Zelda game (the cool graphics one) and as he thought the other consoles copied his idea so he made the cartoony Zelda game.

Playstation also copied Nintendo by copying their 3D stick. They also copied other things but I don't think anyone wants to hear anymore so see ya!
Fri 23/11/01 at 21:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Thats enough typing for me for one year!
Fri 23/11/01 at 21:06
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Can I just say that stephen sounds like a 3 year old in his post. Firstly, why do you call it the greystation?? Why can't you call it a playstation? The greystation was a word used by NOM to try and make the playstation look pathetic but it didn't work and just made the magazine look even more biast and childish! You obviously have the same views as the magazine and believe that all N64 games are great and that all playstation games are crap! Well I hate to burst your bubble but you look at how many crap games the N64 has brought out; Clayfighter?? Superman?? Carmageddon?!!? They may have brought some classic games out like Goldeneye and Zelda but the playstation has had is fair share of games as well! It's had some pretty crap games and some amazing games! As an N64 owner I still enjoy playing playstation games as a lot of them are really good but I guess you see a playstation and start to have a go about it before even playing it!
And about you saying the playstation stole all the ideas off N64, you could accuse any console of doing that! How about the first console to come out in colour, all the other consoles copied it! The first joypad, all consoles used it and advanced on it. If you actually look at the gamecube controller it is actually very similar to the playstation controller. Its got a built in rumble!! Oh No N64 are crap because they copied playstation!
If you look at all the consoles, what is happening is that newer consoles are taking ideas off of other consoles and improving on them. Lets pay £15 for a rumble pak for the N64, playstation saw this idea and improved on it. Built in rumble with no batteries, a lot cheaper and better than the N64 idea.
Basically stephen, y don't you go up to your bedroom and stay there playing your N64 which you obviously worship, while I will go and play some other consoles and games which are much better than the N64!
Fri 23/11/01 at 19:50
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Having just read the whole thread, I've got to say:
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

All the consoles mentioned are great! Without Sony's pursual of 3D gaming, Nintendo would have most likely made another 2D based console. Sega and Ninty both waited till Sony released their specs, saw that Sony was aiming for 3D gaming, and followed suite. Sega diud this by rushing the console out, and Nintendo forged new hardware partnerships.

The relatioshipe between consoles works both ways- Sony realised that rumble and analogue controllers were the way forward, so produced the Dual Analogue pad; clearly this would not have been if Nintendo were not on the scene. Having said that, it apears that Nintendo quite like the idea of having TWO sticks on a controller, so have done this with the GC.

But above all else, both the company's consoles have great games... and that's all that matters! The N64 has seen the like of Mario 64- the benchmark for all future 3D platformers- and the epic Zelda OTT. The PS has seen games ranging from Gran Turismo to MGS. I certainly can't critise either console for not doing its job... letting people play great games.

But then again, maybe I'm just blind?

Sonic
Fri 23/11/01 at 19:44
Don't make fun of Miamoto as he is the best games developer in the world!!!!!!!!
Fri 23/11/01 at 19:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Starfex.. u do realise that i was just having a go at that annoying fan boy! After all, the anbalogue stick has been around for years... i was just giving an example of when it had been done before to have a go at this miyamoto butt-kissing fanboy.

Strafex wrote:
> SonicRav wrote:
> Nintendo... I hate them... after all, they copied the
> analogue stick from Sega,
> who released an analogue controller on the
> Saturn over one and a half years
> before the N64's controller was
> reveilled!

Yeah well, Nintendo were the first ones to use it in a way that
> made the D-Pad pretty much obselete from that day forward.
They were the first
> ones to standardise it...

Anyway, surely you don't REALLY hate Nintendo, even
> if you prefer Sega, surely you don't HATE the big N.

Yuji Naka seems to like
> Nintendo and Miyamoto VERY much...

Why can't you be more like your creator?
Fri 23/11/01 at 18:21
Well I don't care what anyone says about Nintendo because I will always like it even if it copied or will copy any other console because I'm a True Nintendo fan and there is nothing wrong with the Nintendo official Magazine or NOM for short. I wil continue buying it and playing my Nintendo 64 and its great games FOREVER!!!
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:18
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> Well said Dark Mark!

:)

The only thing the PS was good for
> was:-

MGS

GT

Resi Evil

Silent Hill

FF / Chrono
> Cross

Tekken

Dance Stage

Parappa

Everything else on the console was
> PAP!

Long live Nintendo and their MILLIONS of QUALITY titles!

Playstation only had 8 good THINGS???
Damn, it's still more then the N64 has!!!!
Wed 21/11/01 at 12:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well said Dark Mark!

The only thing the PS was good for was:-

MGS

GT

Resi Evil

Silent Hill

FF / Chrono Cross

Tekken

Dance Stage

Parappa

Everything else on the console was PAP!

Long live Nintendo and their MILLIONS of QUALITY titles!

Wed 21/11/01 at 12:49
Regular
"Back For Good"
yeah, you keep telling yourselfs that :-)
Wed 21/11/01 at 12:24
Regular
"DS..."
i agree with dark mark... nuff said really!
slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.