GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For you dirty nu-metal hippies (oh contrast there)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 11:50
Regular
Bottom line your music sucks. I'm usually very opened minded and be nice about how saying I wouldn't wipe my backside with a Limp Bizkit CD, not that anybody would that is.

A 30-something year old man with a red cap on whinning about how crap it was being a teenager. The Fata Roach moaning about his broken home and how he hates money and stuff but wants you to buy his CD. OR The Offspring, 40 year old guys talking about being a teenager and had the most obvious take off of a song:

Beatles - Oba de Oba ba (or whatever)

Offsrping: Why don't you get a job (or some crap)

And all those other MEN jumping about with masks on and being hard with their female dancers in the back.

Anyway where was I? Oh yeah change your music taste you moron.

" Shut Up, my music rocks, I'm just trying to be different "

Yeah? Well why are you and all your other mates dressing the exact same and falling on your backside on skateboards. Your just an advert like those bloody pop morons who dress like Britney SPears and SPice Girls or whatever.

Do me a favour... Listen to Ok Computer and The Bends by Radiohead... being biast maybe but that is music... not that crap you listen to. Maybe your not a moron but have fallen into the same trap as the other morons this music will free your mind, you'll never be the same, you'lll be a better person.

Thank you, thats is all.

*Ducks from over-sized dog chains being thrown at him*
Sun 18/11/01 at 11:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Bottom line your music sucks. I'm usually very opened minded and be nice about how saying I wouldn't wipe my backside with a Limp Bizkit CD, not that anybody would that is.

A 30-something year old man with a red cap on whinning about how crap it was being a teenager. The Fata Roach moaning about his broken home and how he hates money and stuff but wants you to buy his CD. OR The Offspring, 40 year old guys talking about being a teenager and had the most obvious take off of a song:

Beatles - Oba de Oba ba (or whatever)

Offsrping: Why don't you get a job (or some crap)

And all those other MEN jumping about with masks on and being hard with their female dancers in the back.

Anyway where was I? Oh yeah change your music taste you moron.

" Shut Up, my music rocks, I'm just trying to be different "

Yeah? Well why are you and all your other mates dressing the exact same and falling on your backside on skateboards. Your just an advert like those bloody pop morons who dress like Britney SPears and SPice Girls or whatever.

Do me a favour... Listen to Ok Computer and The Bends by Radiohead... being biast maybe but that is music... not that crap you listen to. Maybe your not a moron but have fallen into the same trap as the other morons this music will free your mind, you'll never be the same, you'lll be a better person.

Thank you, thats is all.

*Ducks from over-sized dog chains being thrown at him*
Sun 18/11/01 at 12:03
Regular
The Offspring aren't Nu metal, there just a bunch of sad old men who can't face the facts that there not Teenagers anymore.

But I agree with your comments about Nu Metal the majority of it is a load of pap, the only Nu Metal I have ever liked is Korns original album, but the rest is a load of crap.
Sun 18/11/01 at 12:23
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
hey... I like the offspring. But they have lost a lot of their edge. Listen to Smash or their Self-Titled album and they are class Punk-Rock. Now they are pretty popularised, and all that.

But anyway, yeah I agree many of the nu-metallers are pretty much posers trying to look like the 'cool rebel' but they don't really. But the people who actually listen cos they like the music, etc. all the more power to them, but it has become a bit of an institution.

PS Tiltawhirl, you like NOFX but hate Offspring? That is a bit odd, since they both have the same musical style (NOFX isn't as popularised as Offspring have become though), but still you must like the Offsprings older stuff?
Sun 18/11/01 at 12:28
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Have you ever considered that some people might actually like the music?

Yeah, I know it's a novel idea, someone who doesn't have an over-extensive knowledge of music actually liking the MUSIC they choose to listen to instead of the image. But some people, like me, couldn't give a damn about what Papa Roach and The Offspring look like. I like the sound of the music. I like the lyrics. I like the guitar riffs. I don't care weather the music is manufactured or not, as long as it is good to listen to I will listen to it.

If you think about it, Sheepy, that post is hypocritical. Your main critisism is not the music, but the image. In that way, you judge bands by thier image not thier music - the very thing people like you say you loathe. You're as bad as the people who propel Britney Spears to the top of the charts, only you're doing it in a different way.

Do me a favour... Listen to Smash and Ignition by The Offspring, and do so with an open mind. If you don't like it, fine, thats not a problem.

Cheese - probably missing the point completely.
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I always thought the Offspring were more like punk than nu-metal. I happen to really like them (and Bad Religion). And no, I don't dress the same as everyone else OR own a skateboard or any other form of X-treme sport.
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:56
"Uzi Lover"
The Offspring ARE a Punk band.

But I still don't like them, but I am not going to critise as people have diffrent tastes. It's just that hugley noticable Calfionian voice I hate in some bands e.g: Blink 182, Sum 41, Offspring etc and they all seem to be popular but why?
Sun 18/11/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Erm, maybe it might just be because they're good?
Sun 18/11/01 at 19:23
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I can't say I like Blink or Sum41. While I'd prefer to listen to their stuff than most tripe on the radio, I'd much prefer to listen to the likes of Bad Religion or Capdown (get stuff by Capdown, they are incredible UK hardcore band!). I may be biased to Offspring as when I forst got into Punk, must have been just over two years ago, The Offspring were one of the first bands I got into, but I quickly started listening to more obscure Punk and later Hardcore stuff. Now I'm trying to get some post-hardcore, I got Fugazi's new single and want to get the album, and also have Hot Water Musics latest.

All I can say is... Good
Sun 18/11/01 at 21:52
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Fugazi's new album rocks! Only £7.99 at HMV, which is the ebst thing about anti-corporate bands, they don't rip you off!

Oh and is biased not biast

yes I am a pedant.
Wed 21/11/01 at 12:55
Sibs wrote:
> I can't say I like Blink or Sum41. While I'd prefer to listen to their stuff
> than most tripe on the radio, I'd much prefer to listen to the likes of Bad
> Religion or Capdown (get stuff by Capdown, they are incredible UK hardcore
> band!). I may be biased to Offspring as when I forst got into Punk, must have
> been just over two years ago, The Offspring were one of the first bands I got
> into, but I quickly started listening to more obscure Punk and later Hardcore
> stuff. Now I'm trying to get some post-hardcore, I got Fugazi's new single and
> want to get the album, and also have Hot Water Musics latest.

All I can say
> is... Good

My friend who is sittin next to me says that sum 41 Fat Lip rock

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.