GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOT AGAIN!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 22:30
Regular
I've had my computer for just over a year and it's been rebooted twice... Is it just tiny.. We bought they're computer thinking it was good from people reccomending them. I think I would have been better off with poorly reccomended Time computers. If anybody else has had problems with Tiny computers talk about it here please.
Sun 18/11/01 at 09:07
Regular
""
Firebalt wrote:
Exactly, good on you mate! I would
> have done the same thing (well, my dad would have). I'll be damned if me nor any
> customer of Tiny has to be an obscene ammount of money for getting a problem
> solved or in some cases, not solved! Special Reserve have much better customer
> service, they will even fix computers that you bought elsewhere. However, that's
> only worth doing if you live near a Special Reserve shop.

Firebalt.

And it turned out to only be a corrupted file that I could find on the hard disk... DOH! I knew hardly anything about computers a couple of years ago...

=B0p
Sun 18/11/01 at 09:04
Regular
""
The one problem is that the first time it was a trojan virus but this time we have tried all virus checkers old ones and upgraded ones.. unluckly no results annoying huh!
Sun 18/11/01 at 08:59
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Weird Wonder wrote:
> When we phoned them, it was £1 per minute, or something to that effect and
> we were kept on held for 20 minutes, so that's £20 put down the drain.
>

We were on the phone to them fo 3 hours... £180.. we got them to
> pay it because it didn't sort out the problem... annoying.

=B0p

Exactly, good on you mate! I would have done the same thing (well, my dad would have). I'll be damned if me nor any customer of Tiny has to be an obscene ammount of money for getting a problem solved or in some cases, not solved! Special Reserve have much better customer service, they will even fix computers that you bought elsewhere. However, that's only worth doing if you live near a Special Reserve shop.

Firebalt.
Sun 18/11/01 at 08:58
Regular
""
Edgy wrote:
> Every time you boot up your PC (i.e. turn it on) you're technically rebooting
> your computer.

If you mean reset (i.e. used recovery diskette to restore
> factory settings) then I've done that many times with my old Time PC. I find it
> works better every time I do! It's not neccesarily a bad thing. If it needs
> doing every few days, or even weeks though, I'd start to worry.

That's what I mean... Pretty annoying though because there's no space on the disk to put all of my Game memory... really annoying.

=B0p
Sun 18/11/01 at 08:54
Regular
""
Shocktrooper wrote:
> I have a Tiny PC, too.

And you know what?

It works just fine.

SHOCKY

I must just be unlucky then.
Sun 18/11/01 at 08:52
Regular
""
When we phoned them, it was £1 per minute, or something to that effect and we were kept on held for 20 minutes, so that's £20 put down the drain.

We were on the phone to them fo 3 hours... £180.. we got them to pay it because it didn't sort out the problem... annoying.

=B0p
Sun 18/11/01 at 08:32
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Tiny Computers are a curse - don't get one under any circumstance. Even if the next shipment of Time Computers is not for another 4 months +, don't get one! My first computer I got was a cheap Compaq for £400 with the Rockbottom accesories etc but it did have internet capabilities. After 4 months, we decided to splash out on a £1400 Tiny Computer - I was so excited. So, we installed everyting etc and it was fine. However, things like bad customer service make me drift my loyalty away from Tiny. When we phoned them, it was £1 per minute, or something to that effect and we were kept on held for 20 minutes, so that's £20 put down the drain. If you want an engineer to come out, they don't want to, as they try to talk you the problem over the phone. Tiny's serice overall is an embarrassment. My next PC is being purchased from my good friends, Special Reserve for £700. The strange thing is, I can buy a Maxx PC that has better specifications than my Tiny one for half the price! One of my mates actually buys computer parts and makes PC's himself and he can make a £800 PC for £400! So, I re-itterate, do not (under any circumstances) purchase a Tiny PC!

Firebalt.
Sun 18/11/01 at 01:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I dont know about Tiny computers, but Time computers are pants. They have funny screws on the back and even if it's something like a wire come loose on the inside then it's back to the shop where you find out you have to mail it to another department. Luckily I got my PC in bits on the cheap and added as I went along. I'm amazed by the prices that people charge to install components. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I can do most of the things they do in PCWorld.
Sun 18/11/01 at 01:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I've had this PB for over 2 years and it's never really given me any problems. The only thing is it's made form ABSOLUTELY the lowest quality components. I just can't do anything more with it now and it still won't play UT. Also, it runs very poorly for its specs.
Sat 17/11/01 at 23:19
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I too have bought a new tiny computer 2 months ago. Within the first month a had big problems, the computer would not boot up at times, proggrammes would not load ect. So i had to reboat it a few times.

I could never figure out what was wrong. Then i got a virus and used that damn second chance like the tiny help line said, and that really did not work, buggered the whole PC up. In the end they said it was second chance's fault that it had not been working properly all the time, it works in the background all the time and effects things.

I deleted it and have not had problems ever since.

Also tiny did not send me all the neccesary disks i needed. I could not get Nero back for ages, the fools!!

Great PC now though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.