GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Hand Pocket Guide To Spammers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 20:39
Regular
Dear FOGers, you may have noticed a bit of spamming floating round like a dogs fart on a Monday morning. Like most of you know I used to belong to the very large population of what we call ‘Spammers’ under a name Spider II.
So I suppose you could say I’ve got the inside track when it comes to Spammers and there ways.
This is your guide, on how to deal with Spammers. Listen to it and do not abuse, this hopefully we’ll be are solution to finally get rid of these Spammers. So here it is…

Whatever you do, do not reply to spamming topics. Spammers thrive off of attention, and love it when an argument arouses, especially when it is about them. So therefore, do not reply to Spamming topics.

If for some insane reason you find yourself arguing with a Spammer do not lose your rag. Show that you’re higher in the food chain than they are and out smart them in every way you can. A perfect example of this is with are dear newbie Firebalt arguing with a very much-hated Spammer, FFF. The Spammer, like all Spammers was shouting his mouth off “Blah, Blah this, blah, blah that.” Firebalt took it well though and replied with witty remarks saying that an argument is the least on his mind. What’s weird about this argument though, is that is was a Newbie telling a Regular not to Spam! It just shows to all you Newbies, you can have respect but you need to earn it.

Whenever you talk to a Spammer try to advise them on what to do in a polite way using such phrases as more respect etc. This way the Spammer will be gob smacked that you didn’t loose your temper and that you didn’t shout back. And hopefully learn.

This concludes are Guide of Spammers. If any Spammer pulls out a new weapon that we cannot handle I shall be sure to let you know and provide you with a solution.

Thanks for reading. JaCee
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:39
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Dear FOGers, you may have noticed a bit of spamming floating round like a dogs fart on a Monday morning. Like most of you know I used to belong to the very large population of what we call ‘Spammers’ under a name Spider II.
So I suppose you could say I’ve got the inside track when it comes to Spammers and there ways.
This is your guide, on how to deal with Spammers. Listen to it and do not abuse, this hopefully we’ll be are solution to finally get rid of these Spammers. So here it is…

Whatever you do, do not reply to spamming topics. Spammers thrive off of attention, and love it when an argument arouses, especially when it is about them. So therefore, do not reply to Spamming topics.

If for some insane reason you find yourself arguing with a Spammer do not lose your rag. Show that you’re higher in the food chain than they are and out smart them in every way you can. A perfect example of this is with are dear newbie Firebalt arguing with a very much-hated Spammer, FFF. The Spammer, like all Spammers was shouting his mouth off “Blah, Blah this, blah, blah that.” Firebalt took it well though and replied with witty remarks saying that an argument is the least on his mind. What’s weird about this argument though, is that is was a Newbie telling a Regular not to Spam! It just shows to all you Newbies, you can have respect but you need to earn it.

Whenever you talk to a Spammer try to advise them on what to do in a polite way using such phrases as more respect etc. This way the Spammer will be gob smacked that you didn’t loose your temper and that you didn’t shout back. And hopefully learn.

This concludes are Guide of Spammers. If any Spammer pulls out a new weapon that we cannot handle I shall be sure to let you know and provide you with a solution.

Thanks for reading. JaCee
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They start topic with the words in them:

Hand
Your
Spammers
To
Guide
Pocket

he ho ha
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:51
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Cuold you run that one threw me again Sheepy, I seemed to have lost you...
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:52
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Could you run that one threw me again Sheepy, I seemed to have lost you...
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:53
Regular
JaCeeUK wrote:
> Dear FOGers, you may have noticed a bit of spamming floating round like a dogs
> fart on a Monday morning.

Why a dogs fart on a Monday morning?
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Well why not?
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:56
I'm a changed person all thanks to the JaCeeUK guide to spammers, thank you JaCeeUK!
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:58
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Its moments like this that bring a ear to my eye, damn them onions!
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:01
Regular
"You've upset me"
JaCeeUK wrote:
> Its moments like this that bring a ear to my eye, damn them onions!

LOL! Ear to my eye...
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
*laughs to himself as Spider corrected the sentence but was still wrong*

Well if you didn't get it your thicker than I thought.

No offence, just in bad mood.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.