GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Adventure (Point and Click Games Really Dying"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
if u are a fan like me of point and click games like Monkey island, Discworlds,Broken Sword etc then am sure you are looking forward to full throttle 2 coming out but is this genre dying. true they have turned from cartoon stlye graphics to 3D to try and keep them popular and modern but in my view they loose that little somthing when they go to 3D.So this topic is for people to post there views do you think its dying,which do you prefer cartoon or 3d,whats your favourite point and click or anything else on the subject maybe we coul get a list of the best to the worst
Sun 11/05/03 at 14:26
Regular
"I see you"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Shame but it looks that way. I would love to have more Sherlock Holmes
> games but doubt it. I only have one, the case of the rose tattoo, its
> by EA. Were there any more Sherlock Holmes games around ever?

I've never heard of the first Sherlock Holmes game let alone any others. When was it released?
Thu 08/05/03 at 00:42
"I love yo... lamp."
Shame but it looks that way. I would love to have more Sherlock Holmes games but doubt it. I only have one, the case of the rose tattoo, its by EA. Were there any more Sherlock Holmes games around ever?
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:46
Regular
"I see you"
You know it's really rubbsih when people take things seriously in these forums and put other people down. The whole point of these is to let every body have their say and opinion. What do you think Bob_the_moose?
Wed 30/04/03 at 18:35
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Silent Assassin wrote:
> Did Bob_The_Moose say something??

For all practical purposes, no I didn't
Tue 29/04/03 at 21:32
Regular
"I see you"
Did Bob_The_Moose say something?? You have a good point mate but the way Der Nazi said it, was just basically saying that graphics are the most important thing and the only important thing. Maybe i just miss-read it, i don't know but i wanted to get my view across as well.
Tue 29/04/03 at 21:31
Regular
"I see you"
Did Bob_The_Moose say something?? You have a good point mate but the way Der Nazi said it, was just basically saying that grphica are the most important thing and the only important thing. Maybe i just miss-read it, i don't know but i wanted to get my view across as well.
Mon 28/04/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Graphics are important, not 'very important', but they are important. But gameplay is so much more important.

I used the word important 4 times in 2 sentances. And I'm hoping to get a B in GCSE English. Hmm.

Anyway, to summarise, gameplay is much more important than graphics, but a game having a graphics engine is still important, however there are exceptions to this, like Uplink. And nobody tell me that did have a graphics engine, because I know it did. I'm just making a point OK?.

I think this post will be ignored even more than my others.
Mon 28/04/03 at 19:44
Regular
"I see you"
Der Nazi wrote:
> This genre is not only dying, but it blows- graphics are very
> important- and have become a lot better in the last 5 years.

What?? Graphics are very important? Graphics are just eye candy mate, yes they are slighty important but not very important. You could have one of the best looking adventure games in the world but if the gameplay was the game would be a failure and the developer who made the game would be a laughing stock for making a cartoon/film instead of a game.
Sun 27/04/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> what, so you've had responses like that before have you?

1 in 3 of my responses are either someone insulting me or someone telling me they don't know what I'm talking about.
Sun 27/04/03 at 13:56
Regular
"I see you"
Nah i don't think it's dying out, i just think that people tend to prefer a blood n guts game in this day an age rather than a thinking game. Just wait till Full Throttle 2 comes out and also Runaway: A Road Adventure as they are tipped to be quite good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.