GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Adventure (Point and Click Games Really Dying"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
if u are a fan like me of point and click games like Monkey island, Discworlds,Broken Sword etc then am sure you are looking forward to full throttle 2 coming out but is this genre dying. true they have turned from cartoon stlye graphics to 3D to try and keep them popular and modern but in my view they loose that little somthing when they go to 3D.So this topic is for people to post there views do you think its dying,which do you prefer cartoon or 3d,whats your favourite point and click or anything else on the subject maybe we coul get a list of the best to the worst
Thu 24/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
if u are a fan like me of point and click games like Monkey island, Discworlds,Broken Sword etc then am sure you are looking forward to full throttle 2 coming out but is this genre dying. true they have turned from cartoon stlye graphics to 3D to try and keep them popular and modern but in my view they loose that little somthing when they go to 3D.So this topic is for people to post there views do you think its dying,which do you prefer cartoon or 3d,whats your favourite point and click or anything else on the subject maybe we coul get a list of the best to the worst
Thu 24/04/03 at 22:01
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
no... they are just bubbling along in the background...

People have been predicing the death of point and click adventures for the past few (5+) years now, and although they certainly arnt as prevailent as they used to be (FPS's have taken centre stage), they are still going strong... This year alone I understand Full Throttle 2, Sam and Max 2, Longest Journey 2 and Broken Sword 3 are due for release.
Fri 25/04/03 at 13:53
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
They developed from text adventure games that were predicted as dying out before 1990, they still have quite a following online. They shouldn't die, they'll just become rare. And who cares about that when the ones that are coming out soon should be excellent unless someone commits some of the biggest sins possible.
Fri 25/04/03 at 17:09
Regular
3D is trickier to do right than 2D, but looks adequately great. my favourite point and click is windows.
Fri 25/04/03 at 17:13
Regular
HAR
Fri 25/04/03 at 18:34
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> 3D is trickier to do right than 2D, but looks adequately great. my
> favourite point and click is windows.

It's pretty good isn't it? Not impressed by the load times or stability though. Could do with a few patches.
Sat 26/04/03 at 16:58
Regular
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> It's pretty good isn't it?

what, windows? nah, someone spat on mine.
Sat 26/04/03 at 18:44
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Look past the graphics, there's a quality adventure game in there. It's see how long you can go without having to restart windows. I like it. It's fun.
Sat 26/04/03 at 21:11
Regular
ok, bob - i've totally lost the plot. i dont know what the bloody hell the topic is, or for that matter what you, yes YOU are talking about.
Sat 26/04/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
rofl. I love it when i get responses like that :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.