GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/04/03 at 10:12
Regular
With just a week till the release of the greatest Gamecube game yet, we need a forum for idle Zelda chit chat and ranting etc etc.

I am really looking forward to this game, what about you?
Sat 26/04/03 at 18:11
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
I've got my SAT's too, but i get to get zelda on the 3rd, because i'm so bright i don't need to revise,

*scratches himself*
*belches*

oh well, they're not important...
Sat 26/04/03 at 17:16
Regular
*Pre-orders it*
:)
Sat 26/04/03 at 13:36
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
The SAT's and GCSE's arent as hard as all makes out, neither are A (AS)-levels. SAT's are really that important you should all fly through them. GCSEs if you dont struggle in class with a subject then you wont find the exams hard at all. I did no revision for any of my exams (even A-levels) and still sailed through them.

I not saying dont revise for your GCSEs but they arent the end of the world. A (AS) levels are a bit more challenging but surely you aint going to pick the subjects that you dont like/struggle with so you should be able to do them ok, but some revision with them is advised.

Every year the media and people go on about how exams are getting easier. They arent getting easier at all. the teachers are getting better. How many times have you sat there and your teacher told you this question is almost defently going to be on the question paper? The answer is proberly nearly every time.

You are no longer taught about a subject so much, you are just told how to answer the certain questions that are going to come up on the paper, and how to word it for best marks. This is why pass marks are increasing but the media and people are making it seem that students have worked harder each year. As this may be partly true it aint 100% true. The new youth doing these exams are told that everyone studied really hard to pass them so you all panic and think thats all you have to do.

Yes a bit of revision is advised but dont go stupid it doesnt mean that you wont have time to do other things. Really no more than two or three hours a night is needed that is for those struggerling. Because that is the reason your going to school/college, to learn and be able to do these exams.

If you cant do them then, either the teaching aint up to sratch the exams are too hard or your just not good at that subject. Dont worry your lil heads over all the exams. There is always time to study and play games even though sometimes it doesnt seem it!

I didnt really need to go college (now they tell me) to get my job. While it helped me they didnt really look into that too much they looked more at the type of person I was outa college. I could go off on one that but I'll stop now as you prob getting bored of this.

But let the gaming continue
Sat 26/04/03 at 13:16
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
trust me you only play it at most for 5 mins a day after the initional days worth of play
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:26
"period drama"
Me too (the Zelda / exams thingy) although we've the monday off, which means all day playing.
Erm .... I mean, some day playing MOST day revising ..... yes.

It's the only reason I haven't got Animal Crossing already - I know I'd play it all day long instead of revising.

Poop
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:19
Regular
froots wrote:
> Joe, I just thought I'd tell you, but you have the best name ever.
> Not Joe Dark.
> Joe.
> Often I've sat in my bed at night crying over why I couldn’t be called
> Joe.
> You have lived that dream.
> I love you Joe *waves Joe flag.*
>
> That is all.

That's jst scary.....
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:09
"The Will of D."
Artemis Clod Frog wrote:
> well, luckily I have 2 weeks after Zelda comes out to play it before
> my first exam, so I can manage it, in between my frantic revision,
> obviously.

Yes I would too if I it wasn't going to be given to me at the end of June.
Fri 25/04/03 at 21:44
"Wa-wa-west"
well, luckily I have 2 weeks after Zelda comes out to play it before my first exam, so I can manage it, in between my frantic revision, obviously.
Fri 25/04/03 at 21:00
Regular
Joe, I just thought I'd tell you, but you have the best name ever.
Not Joe Dark.
Joe.
Often I've sat in my bed at night crying over why I couldn’t be called Joe.
You have lived that dream.
I love you Joe *waves Joe flag.*

That is all.
Fri 25/04/03 at 20:55
Regular
No tests for me this year, SATs were last year and I had my yr 10 exams a few weeks ago, I'm fine for playing Zelda and Animal Crossing, I can play anytime :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.