GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revision Question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/04/03 at 14:59
Regular
Some question I have about revision that some of the member a bit older than me might be able to help me with.

- Should I revise EVERY day or should I have days doing nothing?
- How long roughly should I spend revising a day? I have been doing an hour a day but I don't know if it will be enough
- Is there any point revising for my RE exam?
- Should I just stick to revising one subject per day or more?

I am just after peoples opinions here because I'm not quite sure about my revision. Let me know what you recon please. Cheers.
Fri 25/04/03 at 21:38
Regular
GCSE's critics are right in a sense although you have to work hard to achieve the top grades anyone who fails to record over 6 A-C passess should be very embarrassed about themselves, it doesn't take much effort and a few of them are passable with out revision
Fri 25/04/03 at 21:36
Regular
Lil ginge wrote:
> ...O thats it...lower the tone...! :)

i already have.
Fri 25/04/03 at 19:27
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Should I revise EVERY day or should I have days doing nothing?

I am only revising on weekdays that way I can unwind on the weekends. I have a total of 8 subjects to revise for however I am not revising for English, Art, Computing and I am barely revising History.

How long roughly should I spend revising a day?

You should only revise about 3 hours a day with half an hour intervals between each hour.

Is there any point revising for my RE exam?

Nope, unless you find it hard but I personally find RE a breeze.

Should I just stick to revising one subject per day or more?

Yeah, I revise Chemistry on Monday, Maths on Tuesday, French on Wednesday, German on Thursday and History on Friday. This leaves my weekend free.
Fri 25/04/03 at 18:02
"slightlyshortertagl"
I did mine ages ago..

If you're doing the same board as us (OCR) there might be something about a car breaking down in switzerland.

If not, I cant help.
Fri 25/04/03 at 17:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I have my french Oral on monday.
hurray.
watch me win it.
Fri 25/04/03 at 16:53
Regular
"Selected"
you have to cram until you can't cram somemore. then cram somemore.

gentlemen, start your cramming.
Fri 25/04/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Light of the world"
...it sucks! they act like they will rule your life then you get into sixth form/college and they say...Put the GCSEs behind you there nothing. A levels are what count...then you will take a degree and A levels won't count!
Fri 25/04/03 at 16:22
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Chipseh wrote:
> I have a timetable (Mum did it for me- I'd never create one!) that's
> fairly flexible. I do 2 hours a day during the Easter hols and at
> weekends, and 1 hour in the evenings during the week. Each hour is a
> different subject.
>
> During study leave and the may Half term, I'll be doing about 4 hours
> a day.
>
> Again, each hour will be different.

Thats a pretty good plan really, get your mum to make me one :-p.

I know I have to revise more for things like maths, science and geography because I arent as good at them. I don't need to revise English and History much because I am good at them and remember most of the stuff I need to know.

I have been revising an hour a day for the past 2/3 weeks and doing practise papers. The next 3 weeks I will be at school so can only do a few hours a night and a couple of hours on a weekend too. I have about a week study leave where I will do LOADS of revision but my exams are nicely spread out so I can revise solidly for a subject for a few days which is pretty handy. Cramming does work, I got decent grades in my mocks from simply cramming the day before.

I can never revise on internet sites unless I uninstall msn messenger as I will ALWAYS get distracted so I have to use revision guides and be in a different room to a TV, CD player and computer.

Hopefully I will do decent in subjects even if I dont exactly ace the exams because I have good coursework grades which obviously cover a lot of the final grade.

Do GCSE's play a majpor part in future employees decision or is it just school propaganda? I will be doing A levels and God willing an English degree too, I think they are seen as more important than whether I passed GCSE science.
Fri 25/04/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
My friend was in a car crash on the way to one of her GCSEs. She passed without taking the exam. Of course for this to work you must have performed well in class and coursework.
Fri 25/04/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Light of the world"
you dont have to you can just blame it on your freaky finger..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.