GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revision Question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/04/03 at 14:59
Regular
Some question I have about revision that some of the member a bit older than me might be able to help me with.

- Should I revise EVERY day or should I have days doing nothing?
- How long roughly should I spend revising a day? I have been doing an hour a day but I don't know if it will be enough
- Is there any point revising for my RE exam?
- Should I just stick to revising one subject per day or more?

I am just after peoples opinions here because I'm not quite sure about my revision. Let me know what you recon please. Cheers.
Fri 25/04/03 at 14:59
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Some question I have about revision that some of the member a bit older than me might be able to help me with.

- Should I revise EVERY day or should I have days doing nothing?
- How long roughly should I spend revising a day? I have been doing an hour a day but I don't know if it will be enough
- Is there any point revising for my RE exam?
- Should I just stick to revising one subject per day or more?

I am just after peoples opinions here because I'm not quite sure about my revision. Let me know what you recon please. Cheers.
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:04
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Kyz22 wrote:

> - Should I revise EVERY day or should I have days doing nothing?
> - How long roughly should I spend revising a day? I have been doing an
> hour a day but I don't know if it will be enough
> - Is there any point revising for my RE exam?
> - Should I just stick to revising one subject per day or more?

Everyone has different ways of doing it. Some will work all day from when they get up till dinner time then stop. Others will do small parts throughout the day. Most people I know don't study on weekends unless the exam is on the following week.

I would do more than an hour each day. About 3-5 hours would be good and do a few subjects each day to keep you from getting way too bored.

No idea about RE. Never did an exam on that.
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:05
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Are you taking full course RE or short course?

The people I know who took full course said they had to revise quite a lot to remember all the stuff that was on the course, but they got a good set of results. My class who took short course averaged hardly any and most of us came out with Bs or higher. But we did have a very good teacher.
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I would only ever revise one subject a day.

And don't listen to people who say that cramming before an exam is useless, or if you don't know before you need to cram you never will. Cramming is REALLY useful. Obviously good revision before hand is a great help too So make sure you revise each subjuect just before the exam so that you know as much random stuff as possible. I have passed degree modules revising just the day before the exam.

Basically find pout when your exams are and fill in the gaps between them revising for the next one.
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:09
Regular
Hmm, my exams start in 12 days and I haven't started revising yet.
Oh sh...ugar
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:14
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
AliBoy wrote:

> I would do more than an hour each day. About 3-5 hours would be good
> and do a few subjects each day to keep you from getting way too
> bored.

I'd like to keep sane as well. I cannot possibly go to school until 4pm and then revise between 3-5 hours a night!
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:16
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Don't you get study leave?

Might also help if you get together with a few mates a few days before an exam and go over some questions and just share problems and answers.
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:22
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I have a timetable (Mum did it for me- I'd never create one!) that's fairly flexible. I do 2 hours a day during the Easter hols and at weekends, and 1 hour in the evenings during the week. Each hour is a different subject.

During study leave and the may Half term, I'll be doing about 4 hours a day.

Again, each hour will be different.
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Light of the world"
Revision sucks big time but you have to do it. Best thing to do is plan a timetable and do short and sweet frequent chunks. That way it keeps refreshed in your mind. I had to take a course to be a mentor and those that sit and read it through for hours only remember 10% on exam day where as those that used other techniques: highlighting information, re writing the necessities and answering questions remembered 75%! What helped me was writing the necessary bits down on a paper which mum would then test me on the day after I wrote it. Also if your a computer junkie BITESIZE revision is really good...Revise R.E because a fail dont look good but concentrate on more important stuff! GOODLUCK!!
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:35
maddmun wrote:
> Hmm, my exams start in 12 days and I haven't started revising yet.
> Oh sh...ugar

Mines start in 4 days, and all I have revised is maths. But all there is in four days is french oral I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.