GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid Beater!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 12:03
Regular
That's right, finally a game that is better than the excellent Metal Gear Solid has graced the shelves.

The name of the game is Headhunter the new Stealth 'em up/Shoot 'em up from Sega.
First off you can choose whether to blast your way through or you can sneak around snapping enemies necks, either way is just as difficult as the other. The VR missions on Headhunter are actually woth doing; for example completing one of the VR missions you get unlimited ammo for Jack's pistol. This sounds like it would make the game easier and boring but it just means intsead of continually searching for weapons ammo you can just concentrate on finding health and adrenaline. The levels are also huge, while the Psone couldn't handle large levels Headhunter has massive citywide landscapes.

I haven't played that much yet, but you guys are in for a treat when it comes out on the PS2!!!
Mon 07/01/02 at 00:38
Regular
"accidental superher"
i would say that it isn't even better than mgs1....
i've got if for the dc...and it was an OK experience...just wasn't great
Sun 06/01/02 at 23:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Too much hype, not enough quality.
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:51
"High polygon count"
I've just this minute been playing the demo of Headhunter on the official PS2 mag - it *is* a good game, and one which I will be getting. But no way is it an MGS2 beater. MGS1 maybe, but not MGS2!
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:14
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Headhunter is rubbish! Awful clipping, slowdown, crashes and one time these people who I had just killed came running round the corner (trust me a grenade at their feet usually does it). How can you say it's better than MGS2, especially when you haven't even played it! Get your facts straight before you start posting rubbish - even if you are a Regular.
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Having played the demo of Headhunter a few times I was totally unimpressed. It tries to be MGS, using loads of elements from different games - but in a totally unstylish manner and with a difficult control system (compared to MGS). It's awful in my opinion.
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:09
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Natbuc wrote:
> It won't beat mgs2 and it is only on ps2 before anyone asks. its segas first ps2
> only game.

Headhunter?

But it's already out on the DC.
Sun 06/01/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think Ive said before, Headhunter is a great game but it doesnt even come close to MGS!! It has its moments but most of those are blatant rip offs!! Its good to see it on PS2 but I would suggest you get MGS2 first!!
Sun 06/01/02 at 18:13
Regular
"Back For Good"
Headhunter is just a complete MGS rip off which doesn't look too special, i guess dreamcasters derserve something in the line of new releases :-D
Sun 06/01/02 at 18:10
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i don't think so mgs2 is much better although head hunter is not a bad game.
Sat 17/11/01 at 15:38
Regular
"  "
eh sorry about that....what i mean to say was....you can't really compare it to mgs2 because.....u can't

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.