GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid Beater!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 12:03
Regular
That's right, finally a game that is better than the excellent Metal Gear Solid has graced the shelves.

The name of the game is Headhunter the new Stealth 'em up/Shoot 'em up from Sega.
First off you can choose whether to blast your way through or you can sneak around snapping enemies necks, either way is just as difficult as the other. The VR missions on Headhunter are actually woth doing; for example completing one of the VR missions you get unlimited ammo for Jack's pistol. This sounds like it would make the game easier and boring but it just means intsead of continually searching for weapons ammo you can just concentrate on finding health and adrenaline. The levels are also huge, while the Psone couldn't handle large levels Headhunter has massive citywide landscapes.

I haven't played that much yet, but you guys are in for a treat when it comes out on the PS2!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:03
That's right, finally a game that is better than the excellent Metal Gear Solid has graced the shelves.

The name of the game is Headhunter the new Stealth 'em up/Shoot 'em up from Sega.
First off you can choose whether to blast your way through or you can sneak around snapping enemies necks, either way is just as difficult as the other. The VR missions on Headhunter are actually woth doing; for example completing one of the VR missions you get unlimited ammo for Jack's pistol. This sounds like it would make the game easier and boring but it just means intsead of continually searching for weapons ammo you can just concentrate on finding health and adrenaline. The levels are also huge, while the Psone couldn't handle large levels Headhunter has massive citywide landscapes.

I haven't played that much yet, but you guys are in for a treat when it comes out on the PS2!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:07
it doesn't beat Metal gear 2, especially if it's a Dreamcast game.
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:09
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
"especially if it's a Dreamcast game"

You better thoroughly explain yourself, or you're gonna get a verbal thrashing.
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:10
Well, Dreamcast games are good, but there is always a better alternative
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:21
But Headhunter is coming to PS2 though, it will be essentially the same as the Dreamcast version and is tipped by many in the industry to give metal Gear 2 a run for its money.

Congrats to the initial poster, I think thats the first post I've read promoting a game on one system without it saying "all the other consoles are poo"

Shame Creed had to come along and attempt to drag it down the console wars path :-(
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:47
Head Hunter is a good game but it basically copies everythin from MGS but with a different story line and better graphics. Really it's more of a MetalGearSolid 1.5 and i really don't see how it can beat MGS2 which is going to be such a class game.
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:49
Regular
"  "
It won't beat mgs2 and it is only on ps2 before anyone asks. its segas first ps2 only game. Whos got the new ps2 mag(OPSM2 that is) the bigh pic of him on the bike looks crap. the handle bars look tottally weird.
Sat 17/11/01 at 14:03
Regular
"360: swfcman"
To be honest i have heard very little about this game, perhaps because its on DC and i have no real interest in that console area.

But from what i have seen it does look rather impressive, i guess its just a matter of when info i released about a PS2 version ill start to take a notice.
Sat 17/11/01 at 15:36
Regular
"  "
rgg
Sat 17/11/01 at 15:38
Regular
"  "
eh sorry about that....what i mean to say was....you can't really compare it to mgs2 because.....u can't

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.