GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC magazine hang your head in shame!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 16:16
Regular
Look what I found at www.tendobox.com:

"A few months ago we reported that a new GameCube magazine was launching in Europe called NGC with a free video.

Well now those lucky Europeans are getting another. This time it's the Paragon published CUBE Magazine and the free video will feature high quality clips of many games including Mario Sunshine, Zelda For GameCube, Rogue Leader, Resident Evil and Soul Calibur 2.

The magazine/video will be launching on Thursday the 22nd and is a must for all GameCube fans living in Europe."

This is video I want to see.
The good quality NGC magazine gave away a video full of shoddy "in-production" E3 clips which were either FMV sequences or poor incomplete demos.
There were a few decent demonstrations such as Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin but they were ancient clips shown on Game Network yonks ago and were pretty much out of date.

This new video seems to be much better, showing footage of Mario, Zelda, Rogue Leader and possibly complete versions of Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion and Monkey Ball.

THIS is what NGC should've given us.
CUBE is a magazine I'll be buying on the 22nd.
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:14
Regular
CUBE is supposedly out today but my local newsagents didn't have it.

Did anyone manage to grab a copy?
Mon 19/11/01 at 21:23
Regular
slik wrote:
> I saw CUBE magazine advertised in EB's own mini catalouge a few days ago, but
> there was no mention about the free vid, I only found that out a day later but
> still one problem... how much is it? I suspect around £3.25 but does
> anyone know the Exact price?
slik ~_~

I saw that in the EB mag.

My NGC still hasnt come :(
Mon 19/11/01 at 16:19
Regular
"DS..."
thought so!
slik ~_~
Mon 19/11/01 at 16:15
Regular
It's out on Thursday.

It'll be around £3.
Mon 19/11/01 at 16:05
Regular
"DS..."
I saw CUBE magazine advertised in EB's own mini catalouge a few days ago, but there was no mention about the free vid, I only found that out a day later but still one problem... how much is it? I suspect around £3.25 but does anyone know the Exact price?
slik ~_~
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:45
Regular
Well as PSOne sales showed, any develloper can make an FMV sequence appealing.

The game itself was in an unplayable state and was looking awful, so the company decided to concentrate the olso dodgy but more important, Metroid Prime.
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:03
Raven Blade looked very very appealing even to the non nintendo fan and I think it was pathetic on whoevers part it was to can the game.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:55
Regular
Shocktrooper wrote:
> Strafex, you WILL still be getting NGC every month, won't you? You will, won't
> you? It's because they are the best Nintendo magazine in the shops.

I don't buy it every month, but it's still my first choice for Nintendo magazine, even if that video was a bit pathetic.

Grix wrote something along the lines of:

>Only interesting thing was the [Raven Blade] clips, but it >still had that crap awful music in the background.

Raven blade? Just an FMV apparently.

Kameo was well worth watching though. Again, same crap demo rift that accompanied Starfox, Raven Blade and Metroid etc,
but it was a good show of what this game had in the potential department.

Kameo is certainly looking good.
I just hope that it isn't short lived.

Ofcourse, nothing's been seen of it since E3 I think so it probably won't be on this video.
Expect Space World/Nintendo show demos with possibly a bit of an actual Japanese Gamecube in action.

Then we'll see some REAL Monkey Ball, Luigi's Mansion and Wave Race footage.
Sun 18/11/01 at 15:30
Regular
Raven Blade, even. :D
Sun 18/11/01 at 15:29
Regular
Completely agree with you Strafex. I saw that story, and thought... "yes!"

Shabby video, if they had actually put a bit of work in it, we would have had a decent video.

Only interesting thing was the Rune clips, but it still had that crap awful music in the background.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.