GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC magazine hang your head in shame!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 16:16
Regular
Look what I found at www.tendobox.com:

"A few months ago we reported that a new GameCube magazine was launching in Europe called NGC with a free video.

Well now those lucky Europeans are getting another. This time it's the Paragon published CUBE Magazine and the free video will feature high quality clips of many games including Mario Sunshine, Zelda For GameCube, Rogue Leader, Resident Evil and Soul Calibur 2.

The magazine/video will be launching on Thursday the 22nd and is a must for all GameCube fans living in Europe."

This is video I want to see.
The good quality NGC magazine gave away a video full of shoddy "in-production" E3 clips which were either FMV sequences or poor incomplete demos.
There were a few decent demonstrations such as Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin but they were ancient clips shown on Game Network yonks ago and were pretty much out of date.

This new video seems to be much better, showing footage of Mario, Zelda, Rogue Leader and possibly complete versions of Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion and Monkey Ball.

THIS is what NGC should've given us.
CUBE is a magazine I'll be buying on the 22nd.
Fri 16/11/01 at 16:16
Regular
Look what I found at www.tendobox.com:

"A few months ago we reported that a new GameCube magazine was launching in Europe called NGC with a free video.

Well now those lucky Europeans are getting another. This time it's the Paragon published CUBE Magazine and the free video will feature high quality clips of many games including Mario Sunshine, Zelda For GameCube, Rogue Leader, Resident Evil and Soul Calibur 2.

The magazine/video will be launching on Thursday the 22nd and is a must for all GameCube fans living in Europe."

This is video I want to see.
The good quality NGC magazine gave away a video full of shoddy "in-production" E3 clips which were either FMV sequences or poor incomplete demos.
There were a few decent demonstrations such as Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin but they were ancient clips shown on Game Network yonks ago and were pretty much out of date.

This new video seems to be much better, showing footage of Mario, Zelda, Rogue Leader and possibly complete versions of Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion and Monkey Ball.

THIS is what NGC should've given us.
CUBE is a magazine I'll be buying on the 22nd.
Fri 16/11/01 at 18:25
Regular
I might buy that, how do you know that the video is good? How much is the mag?
Fri 16/11/01 at 18:39
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Pikmin!!

I will no doubt buy that to see the video but i'm still going to buying the NGC magazine, I have every single N64 Magazine don't ya know.
Fri 16/11/01 at 18:53
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
cool , i have every issue from issue 22 (i think) and also , that video that NGC gave away was good for all those kids who dont have sky , or the internet , and all they can rely on is the magazines , so for them it was probably great , for us lot , it was pretty poor , the galleon video was good though.
Fri 16/11/01 at 18:58
I've never heard of their publishers before (Paragon).

I don't they'll have any footage not put up on the net already.
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:11
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
probably
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:15
Regular
I have a subscription to NGC, I just went to 'my shop' and I saw it, there, on the shelf! I havemnt got it yet so what is it doiung alreadt in the shops? This happened last issue :( (the last issue was my first on subscription)
Fri 16/11/01 at 22:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
How does this make NGC hang their heads in shame? ....... ......... ....... Oh because their video was crud.

That video seriously disappointed me. It was rubbish from Luigi's Mansion to Raven Blade. I still think the actual mag rocks though.
Fri 16/11/01 at 22:53
Regular
Joe_Poly wrote:
> I have a subscription to NGC, I just went to 'my shop' and I saw it, there, on
> the shelf! I havemnt got it yet so what is it doiung alreadt in the shops? This
> happened last issue :( (the last issue was my first on subscription)

I'd make a compleint to NGC mag if I were you.

I always seem to get my issues before they're out in the shops (once I recieved one up to two weeks in advance!)
Fri 16/11/01 at 23:14
Regular
This new magazine will be in the shops.

I reckon that the Zelda footage will the same as what you can download at internet sites.

All the games will be more up to date, detailed and much better than the shoddy old E3 demo's.

This time we'll atleast get Nintendo show and Spaceworld footage and maybe some Japanese gamecube footage too...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.