GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Early Zelda"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Tue 29/04/03 at 14:28
Regular
Over at Cube-Europe a few people have recieved their copys of The Wind Waker today from G**E, three days before release.

Now I've ordered a Platinum Pack from there, which on the 25th of April was said to have been getting ready to be dispatched and will 'be with me shortly'. Maybe it'll come tommorow? Maybe today? Don't think today though, they don't deliver now, I think...

Anyway, can't they get sued for sending stuff out early or something?
Tue 29/04/03 at 16:59
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Where your chicken suit?
Tue 29/04/03 at 16:58
Regular
"everyone says it"
I'm going to the launch party.

*does the david brent dance*

Yeah!
Tue 29/04/03 at 16:54
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Mine came today too (ordered from g**e), Brilliant game!

With the bonus disc! I was lucky, i didnt realise i need a 60hz telly for the bonus disc, good job my telly supports it!

Oh and i need a link cable for my gba!! im probley missing somethings in the game!

*runs down to SR Stapleford, oh look they havent got any, also they havent had any copies of SMB2 for 5 weeks now!!
Tue 29/04/03 at 16:38
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I ordered Wind Waker off the G*** website, hopefully i'll get it
> early.
>
> No sign of it yet though and every time I try and track my order it
> tells me that order tracking is not available at the moment.

Unlucky! Mine came today, with bonus disc! :-)
Tue 29/04/03 at 15:38
Regular
I ordered Wind Waker off the G*** website, hopefully i'll get it early.

No sign of it yet though and every time I try and track my order it tells me that order tracking is not available at the moment.
Tue 29/04/03 at 15:01
"You love us!"
GAME can do what they want within reason. They have such a huge market share in the UK, the games publishers need them almost more than GAME need them.

GAME basically dictate to the publisher. So if the street date is 'accidentally' broken by a couple of days, Ninty are in no position to do anything - other than supply them with more copies of the game to sell.
Tue 29/04/03 at 14:59
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
BEATLEJUICE!
BEATLEJUICE!
BEATLEJUICE!
Tue 29/04/03 at 14:59
"You love us!"
Hmmm.

You need to recognise the fact that there is a huge difference between using the name of a competing store in the context of a sent ace or discussion and basically posting something that is an advert.

If you came on here and posted something that simply listed the prices of PC games in GAME and nothing else, then yes, SR would and indeed should delete that post. This is a *chat* forum, not ebay.

However, to mention the name of a shop that offers a similar service to that of SR in a sentence or in a *chat* conversation you are having with someone is always going to be fine. Even if in the course of that conversation you mention a specific game or price.

It's all about context young Skywalker.
Tue 29/04/03 at 14:57
Regular
If they were to break the street dates, Nintendo aren't gonna sue.

After all, the retailers would only have to stop selling all Nintendo products and Nintendo would lose a fortune.
Tue 29/04/03 at 14:43
"Uzi Lover"
A myth, but it is true topics get deleted if you blatently promote another company.

And to show I have no problem with putting that name in another time...GAME GAME GAME GAME GAME GAME GAME.

Childish? Yes I am.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.