GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Doomed?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/04/03 at 18:59
Regular
Hi I'm new to the forum.

Who here thinks that gamecube is going the same way as dreamcast?
AND who thinks that nintendo is going the same way as Sega?
Tue 29/04/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Even I have to agree that, thanks to price cuts, even if they are unofficial, and some scorchin deals, both official like the Metroid and Zelda one, and unofficial, that Nintendo is coming out all guns blazing this year.

I want one........
Tue 29/04/03 at 19:29
Regular
"Party Hard"
Star Fury wrote:
> I want one........

Buy one. Right now.

I did. I never regretted it.
Tue 29/04/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
What way did SEGA go? Left?
Tue 29/04/03 at 20:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
Right, the up a bit.

Then I believe they took the wrong right hand turning (I told them to take the SECOND right) there they came face to face with a....
Tue 29/04/03 at 21:34
Regular
One thing about Nintendo is, THEY MAKE PROFIT FROM THEIR STUFF, AND THEY HAVE THE GBA WHICH SELLS BUCKETLOADS. Wait, that's two things. Hmmm.
Tue 29/04/03 at 21:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
GameCube not doomed.
Tue 29/04/03 at 23:37
Regular
xgamer wrote:
> Hi I'm new to the forum.

Hi, go down the corridor, over the bottomless pit, past the doorway to hell and through the door which says "furnace"

The manager will be pleased to see you as your nads roast.

Ofcourse, if you wish to plead forgiveness for your topic, you may be given a sparkler.
Wed 30/04/03 at 09:09
Regular
GameCube is the cheapest at the moment, but that doesn't mean it will "win" the console battle. Price is not everything these days. Many people still want a console that can also play DVD movies, and that means PS2 or XBox. True, many people have a standalone DVD player now, but it's useful to many to have a 2nd DVD player in another room. Other people think along the lines of which console has the most games/support, and that means PS2. So we will have to wait and see if the lower price tag alone of the GC is enough to convince people they don't need dvd or the large games selection on PS2. In the meantime, there are plenty of GC fanatics who will keep the thing going for a while yet - at least long enough to see if more "mainstream" buyers go for it or not.
Wed 30/04/03 at 09:23
"For the horde!!!!"
As long as there are plenty of games to justify me buying mine then i'm not too bothed.
Wed 30/04/03 at 09:46
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I wondered about a PS2 but it's too expensive , what's made me interested in Gamecube again (apart from the two obvious games) is the price tag and deals around for it.

I don't see any reason to buy a PS2 for £169.99 when I have an Xbox as the games are pretty much similar, and the GTA series doesn't interest me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.