GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox problems"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 00:28
Regular
After reading many reports from America about the Xbox I can say that I will not be getting one. Apparently a lot of people are having problems with games, the seam to be crashing on them. Its not just one game its all of them, people are having big problems. The thing has only been out a day and people are already talking about what I feared would happen......PATCHES!!

This is not good, people like consoles because you get a game put it in and it works. The people will not like getting a game, installing it, having it crash, going to the internet to get an update, installing it and hoping that just when you get to the end of a level in will not crash again.

I only hope Microsoft get this sorted fast before the Xbox disappears in to obscurity.
Fri 16/11/01 at 00:28
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
After reading many reports from America about the Xbox I can say that I will not be getting one. Apparently a lot of people are having problems with games, the seam to be crashing on them. Its not just one game its all of them, people are having big problems. The thing has only been out a day and people are already talking about what I feared would happen......PATCHES!!

This is not good, people like consoles because you get a game put it in and it works. The people will not like getting a game, installing it, having it crash, going to the internet to get an update, installing it and hoping that just when you get to the end of a level in will not crash again.

I only hope Microsoft get this sorted fast before the Xbox disappears in to obscurity.
Fri 16/11/01 at 08:54
Regular
"MSR Rules"
Where did you hear this from, one guy on Annanova said he has been playing his X-Box every mintute since he bought it, something like 22 hours.

Not a mention of crashing games.

Do you honestly think Microsoft would release this with every game crashing?
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:22
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I have a solution to your problem. Take X-box, place on hard surface (such as floor), now take hammer. Bring hammer down as hard as you can on X-box. Watch and laugh gleefully as the giant X is destroyed into a thousand pieces.
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:27
"High polygon count"
tcook51839 wrote:
> Do you honestly think Microsoft would release this
> with every game crashing?

Yes I do. Why not? They've done it with Windows for years!

Check these out...

http://www.dust-online.com/index.asp?newsopt=1&newsart=1099

http://www.gaming-age.com/ cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2001&m=10&nid=22-159.db
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:47
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
A point I made in my Bill gates, the real Drath Vadar (FOG) thread.
Fri 16/11/01 at 20:55
Regular
"accidental superher"
i haven't heard any of this crashing problem...
on videogamereview.com....all the reviews of the xbox have had no mention of it constantly crashing..
Fri 16/11/01 at 21:31
ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Fri 16/11/01 at 21:53
I remember Sony had this problem last year, ah well at least the bugs if any should be sorted before the Xbox gets released over here!
Sun 18/11/01 at 12:21
Regular
"MSR Rules"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> tcook51839 wrote:
> Do you honestly think Microsoft would release this
>
> with every game crashing?

Yes I do. Why not? They've done it with Windows
> for years!

Check these
> out...

http://www.dust-online.com/index.asp?newsopt=1&newsart=1099
>

http://www.gaming-age.com/
> cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2001&m=10&nid=22-159.db

I read this article, and yes the Demo boxes are buggy.
You must remember though these boxes are left on all day.
The DC and PS2 also crash when left on for too long.

When they first came out the fans used to pack up on the DC.

When the PS2 came out the power supplies kept on packing up.

I think the odd crash is better that hardware failure dont you?
Mon 19/11/01 at 08:44
I agree with tcook. Demo boxes DO crash. The n64, dreamcast and ps2 boxes all crash in the 'puter shops coz they are on all day, they have irritating little kids tugging the cables out and so and so forth. Anybody that claims they own one and its crashing are just (normally) pro sony idiots!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.