GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please to God let it end (Metroid Help)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/04/03 at 23:17
Regular
Right, after going back down into the mines to dig out the last artifact I was ready to head to the core.

*Beats Meta Ridley*
Surely not the end yet? No. Okay.

*Beats Metroid Prime*
Well thank feck for that...

*Meets Metroid Prime again*
Oh For F*** Sake

The game stopped being fun a long time ago, way back when the hideous reality of the backtracking set in.
Now I just really want to finish the thing, so that I can trade it in when Burnout 2 comes along.

But Mertoid Prime stands between me and my fifteen or twenty quid.

Okay, I've stood in Phazon and blasted at him. Took his energy down to nearly nothing. Then he stops, a bunch of random-seeming waves of fire spread over the ground, metroids appear, he comes back with full energy.
Repeat.

Questions:
Metroids - Best / quickest way to kill?
When invisible - Sometimes the x-ray scanner shows nothing, sometimes something's there. What's all that about?
Is this the last boss? Please tell me this is the last thing. 3 end of game bosses is taking the pish. I think 4 would make me cry.

And any general help on sending the translucent son of a biatch to hell would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Wed 30/04/03 at 17:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It also says that the Chozo were in doubt that their strength could contain what was within the core, if Samus didnt destroy it, it would only be a matter of time before it had the power to break free.
Wed 30/04/03 at 16:58
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> When were the space pirates looking for the artifacts?

Scanning computer screen things, it said they wanted into the core, saw that it was sealed and the artefacts were somehow connected, couldn't find them and couldn't decipher the chozo language.
Wed 30/04/03 at 16:44
Regular
Shinra wrote:
> pftt
>
> You all suck, Metroid is a master piece.

I didn't say it wasn't, but Ridley JUST WON'T DIE!

He must be immortal. Like me.
Wed 30/04/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Aoe Master"
Shinra wrote:
> pftt
>
> You all suck, Metroid is a master piece.

wtf ,metroid is a toatl mistake
Wed 30/04/03 at 16:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I agree with WS, this game is excellent.
Wed 30/04/03 at 16:35
Regular
pftt

You all suck, Metroid is a master piece.
Wed 30/04/03 at 16:33
Regular
When were the space pirates looking for the artifacts?

Oh, and how many times can one evil bird thing live.

First, killed on Zebes, not actually, brought back to full strength with added extra's. dies, comes back to Zebes without metal enhancements, dies, is found frozen in Fusion.

Puh-Leeeease.
Wed 30/04/03 at 03:33
Regular
Plot seemed a little flawed though.

*Follows space pirate ship down to nearby planet*
Kay. I can see why she might bother.

*Gets items to power up suit*
Sure, why not?

*Gathers artifacts to open core of radioactive goo, on the back of some ancient prophesy*

Riiight. This'll be where you begin to lose me. Clearly the space pirates want in, but can't get there without the artifacts. Meanwhile for the most part the phazon has been contained, and the pirates kept out. Everyone's happy. Maybe gather up one or two of the artifacts to prevent the pirates from being able to collect them all and get in. But if you get them all, even if you don't go in, you've put all your eggs in one basket as far as the pirates getting them goes.

And then, not knowing whether she'll be able to do anything to neutralise this toxic gunk, she opens the place up for everyone to get in.
The award for being a prize idiot goes to...
Samus Aran *cough*retro*cough*

And if she went down there to kick space pirate butt, why leave without doing it? Despite the respawning piratey effects, you'd at least go have a pop at a few more of them, take out the leaders maybe?
And I thought she used to care about wasting *all* the metroids, not just the big one?

Bah. Lameness all round.
Wed 30/04/03 at 03:22
Regular
Yay. Finished.

Couldn't sleep, so two more goes later and I'm done.

*Chucks Metroid on heap of pap games bought on hype and reputation alone. Lands next to SA2B and SSBM*

Thanks for the help.

Disappointing ending. Does it get better with 100% stuff or harder difficulties?
When it flashed up 'destruction iminant blah blah' I was gearing up to give it (hopefully) one last effort, then it lets me off the hook. Best thing Retro have done for me :^)

Surprised the classic 'samus removes helmet' scene was only shown from a distance and stuff.
I was kind of expecting the space pirates to crop up again too, using samus to get the artifacts and gain access to the core.

*Counts* Quality of the game, ending, and plot. Three times I've overestimated Prime then. :^S

Were there combi (missile + beam) power-ups for the ice and plasma beams in there somewhere? I was expecting to have picked them up...

Ah well, role on Zelda :^)
Wed 30/04/03 at 01:07
Regular
pftt

When it spawns metroids just roll at him at full speed, lay a power bomb and roll off to the side again.

Carry on as normal; the metroids will be dead before they even got a lock on you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.