GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please to God let it end (Metroid Help)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/04/03 at 23:17
Regular
Right, after going back down into the mines to dig out the last artifact I was ready to head to the core.

*Beats Meta Ridley*
Surely not the end yet? No. Okay.

*Beats Metroid Prime*
Well thank feck for that...

*Meets Metroid Prime again*
Oh For F*** Sake

The game stopped being fun a long time ago, way back when the hideous reality of the backtracking set in.
Now I just really want to finish the thing, so that I can trade it in when Burnout 2 comes along.

But Mertoid Prime stands between me and my fifteen or twenty quid.

Okay, I've stood in Phazon and blasted at him. Took his energy down to nearly nothing. Then he stops, a bunch of random-seeming waves of fire spread over the ground, metroids appear, he comes back with full energy.
Repeat.

Questions:
Metroids - Best / quickest way to kill?
When invisible - Sometimes the x-ray scanner shows nothing, sometimes something's there. What's all that about?
Is this the last boss? Please tell me this is the last thing. 3 end of game bosses is taking the pish. I think 4 would make me cry.

And any general help on sending the translucent son of a biatch to hell would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Thu 01/05/03 at 18:27
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
IT IS THE LAST BOSS

until the first pool of phazon appears, use the combat visor, then switch to the xray visor, when he disappears again, use the thermal visor, and when he disappears AGAIN switch back to the combat visor. repeat this until dead.

for the little metroids, wait till the pool appears, then roll to it, drop a power bomb, then get up and shoot the prime

also when u go into hyper mode dont keep pressing A, hold it and it hurts him more
Wed 30/04/03 at 22:07
Regular
I used all the Phazon Hyper Beamness on Metroid Prime, I let Metroid Prime kill the Metroids with it's shockwave attack and resorted to powerbombs only when required.
Wed 30/04/03 at 21:24
Regular
Did no one go into the pool of Phazon then shot the metroids and killed them straight away on the last boss?
Wed 30/04/03 at 21:10
Regular
But she had to explore the entire planet.

And there was plenty of reason, the fact that the Chozos mentioned it regulary, and the Space Pirates talked about it in their logs.

Remember that nobody knew she was at Tallon IV, she followed the pirates there immediatly after the original Metroid.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:55
Regular
...but had no reason to believe there was a metroid in the core, so why bother going to all the hassle to get the artefacts and go in there?

Bah. I had 74 or 76%. By the ending description I guess it was 74.

And rather than make the latter stages about the search for coffee, the could have.. hmm.. changed the plot so it actually worked?

Ah well, soon there shall be Zelda, and all this shall be forgotten :^)
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:31
Regular

She's a bounty hunter, she was payed to track and destroy the Space Pirates and Metroids.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:31
Regular
"keep your receipt"
There are 3 endings, a crap one for under 75% complete, a good one for 76-99%, and an extra-special one for 100%. You can clearly see Samus' face in the 76-99% ending, dunno about the 100% one....have to work on that I guess.
Wed 30/04/03 at 20:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Doesn't make sense to me.

Well, it depends if you want the game to involve you exploring tallon IV, getting a phazon sample, running away, getting it analyzed (a compound no-one has even HEARD of before), waiting for the results, making regular trips to the coffee machine as you await the results. Or whether you want the game to actually have some playability and fun.
Wed 30/04/03 at 17:27
Regular
And from pirate scans she knew there was some big creature inside there.
But there was no reason to believe killing the creature would cause it to suck in and neutralise all the phazon.

If she wanted to stop the phazon, surely she should have taken a sample, got it analysed for a way to neutralise or contain it, and come back with the kit to do the job properly. Not just gone in on the off chance that everything would be alright.

And if the shield had held out for so long, it would surely have done the job a little longer, while she did the job properly.

But no, open it up for the perpetually re-spawning space pirates, go in, kill what's inside, and hope against all odds that if/when she kills it the thing will suck up all the phazon and everything will be happy and shiny again.

Doesn't make sense to me.
Wed 30/04/03 at 17:26
Regular
Ah yes, I forgot about them, I scanned everything at first, but later forgot about them, and ignored them in Hard Mode.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.