GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Last book you read?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/07/06 at 03:13
Regular
"nooblet"
What was the last book you read?
It may have been a while for some of you.. but just say it.
I posted this here, as the notice said.

I'll start:
Interview with a vampire - Anne rice
Thu 13/07/06 at 12:15
Regular
No Logo is a book that really opened my eyes when I was 14, the first thing that got me interested in politics. Reading it now, a bit more criticly, there are a few things she says, statements she makes, evidence she uses, that are questionable in thier accuracy. She also neglects to mention that a lot of the time the wages people in sweatshops earn are reasonable, and that, even if clothes are made in an EPZ and so not taxed, a lot of foreign money still comes into the country via wages, which is in general a good thing for a countrys development.

Have just finished reading a book called 'The Iraq War' by some apparently esteemed militery historian. It's an interesting subject, but it's clear that the authors alligence is with the US.
Thu 13/07/06 at 12:15
Regular
No Logo is a book that really opened my eyes when I was 14, the first thing that got me interested in politics. Reading it now, a bit more criticly, there are a few things she says, statements she makes, evidence she uses, that are questionable in thier accuracy. She also neglects to mention that a lot of the time the wages people in sweatshops earn are reasonable, and that, even if clothes are made in an EPZ and so not taxed, a lot of foreign money still comes into the country via wages, which is in general a good thing for a countrys development.

Have just finished reading a book called 'The Iraq War' by some apparently esteemed militery historian. It's an interesting subject, but it's clear that the authors alligence is with the US.
Tue 11/07/06 at 18:21
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Currently reading No Logo by Naomi Klein. A look at the Brand name and logo culture that we now have, how it started, how it's exploiting people and how people can resist it.

Read the first section (there's three or four overall sections of the book, each compaosing a number of chapters), but haven't picked it back up in a while, not sure why really, probably because I'm back home now and have more stuff to do than I did at the end of term at Uni.

Also read most of 'Is it just me or is everything ****', kind of a joke enclyclopedia, with loads of stuff listed alphabetically and then a few paragraphs on why they're bad/annoying/whatever.

Before that read most of a book by Bremner, Bird and Fortune. Not really as funny as the TV series, although has some moments (The US buying what they thought was a chemical bombs factory from a country, taking it down, putting it in containers, shipping it halfway round the world, reconstructing it, then finding it was a factory for putting foil caps on milk bottles). Didn't finish it, but it's a little like a Michael Moore book in that each chapter is mostly self-contained, so I'll probably go back and finish it off at a later date.
Thu 06/07/06 at 20:08
Regular
Just finished Robots and Empire by Asimov (for the second time) - loved it (again)!

I think Asimov is always great, and his detective series is excellent. If you haven't read any Asimov then I suggest:
1. Forget all about the silly film with Will Smith.
2. Read the short stories ("I Robot").
3. Read the detective series featuring Elijah Baley, starting with Caves of Steel.
4. Then read the foundation series.

Jo

xx
Thu 06/07/06 at 17:59
Regular
Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte

Not my kinda book.
Thu 06/07/06 at 17:28
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
I'm starting to read Lord Of the Flies for english
Thu 06/07/06 at 17:12
Regular
Last one:
Freakonomics - Stephen Levitt

Very interesting, slightly off-beat view of the world.
Thu 06/07/06 at 08:11
Regular
I got about 20 books out at the library at the moment but the one I'm reading right now is the...

SAS Survival Handbook

It's really quite interesting.
Thu 06/07/06 at 03:13
Regular
"nooblet"
What was the last book you read?
It may have been a while for some of you.. but just say it.
I posted this here, as the notice said.

I'll start:
Interview with a vampire - Anne rice

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.