GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition Eleven (SSC11)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/05/07 at 17:18
Regular
Hooray - it's SSC11, woo, etc... but seriously, rules and stuff:

I wont restrict the word count because, to be honest, we want to encourage all the entries we can get at the moment. Even if it's just a few paragraphs, it's welcome.

Likewise there's no limit on the number of entries per person either.

Topic is Island. We haven't had that before surprisingly enough. Use it as you see fit, all I'm after is a good read.

Have your entries in for Monday 28th May.

But most importantly: have fun. If you don't have fun, you'll be disqualified immediately.

-------------------------

Winner is Wish You Were Here by pb.
Tue 22/05/07 at 21:45
Regular
Good stuff, four entries already, and hopefully a few more before the week's up.

Sorry I haven't read any yet. Had exams and stuff... also I'm a bit of a layabout.

I'll try and leave a few comments tomorrow.
Tue 22/05/07 at 16:58
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Someone read mine please!
Tue 22/05/07 at 16:45
"possibly impossible"
Ah, finally finished mine.

Not sure where the idea came from, it just slowly made itself clear.
Mon 21/05/07 at 10:57
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Found some time to get an entry up, hope you enjoy, all feedback appeciated. :-)
Sun 13/05/07 at 12:30
Regular
Yes, go go go. I remember you writing a story once about a lad wanting a kipper for his dinner which was pretty good.

Cheers Grix, good to see you back, I'll try and get to that one soon.
Sun 13/05/07 at 11:34
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Think I might have a go at this one. IT's a very broad subject area, which I like :)
Sun 13/05/07 at 04:11
Regular
I entered! Hurray

Now if nobody else enters I might win
Thu 10/05/07 at 08:14
"possibly impossible"
Stickied.

Right, I'll get started thinking about this one...
Wed 09/05/07 at 22:43
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
First thing that came to mind for me was pirates haha
Wed 09/05/07 at 17:43
Regular
Y'know, I think you might have something there Everpain.

But yeah, I did realise that the first thing that's going to spring to mind is Lost and I almost went with something else because of it.

Really though, if you can look past that then there's a lot of scope. Hell, it doesn't have to be set on an island at all, and I'm not going to mark anyone down if I can't see how they've used the theme.

Use it as a setting, use it as an inspiration, use it however you choose - I don't mind. Anything that's good will do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.