GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes Not The Petriots"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes'.
Thu 01/05/03 at 08:40
Regular
Kojima has announced Konamis HI FI working title next Metal Gear Solid, and it would be unleashed at E3 but the bad new is that the Playstatoin2 dudes will stuck cause the title is only for the Gamecube has been announced , perhaps no detials for exclusive title so that we playstation2 dude might get it after a while may be with new title for the same game as The Petriots, but still its all rumours for ps2, the game is under development under Silicon Knights, well its really bad news atleast for me cause i was expecting the title for ps2 and expecting Kojima to give us a new MGS title but its only for Gamecube sukkers.
Sun 04/05/03 at 11:17
Regular
Aside from Halo 2 this could be one of the greatest games EVER! I loved the first Metal Gear Solid game and if there is a Resident Evil style remake then it should be something to watch out for. If it stays GameCube exclusive then aside from Mario Kart it will be worth a GameCube alone to play this game. Obviously though I aren't going to hype it at all because thats when disaster strikesd ;)
Sun 04/05/03 at 10:35
Regular
Dringo speaks the truth!!
(or types the truth, whatever haha)
Sat 03/05/03 at 17:06
Regular
Flying Pig wrote:
> While this sounds mildly interesting, lets not forget that it'll be a
> 5 year old game with fresh graphics - nothing more.

So why stick the 2 biggest developers in the world ever on the title instead of just Dennis Dyack of Silicon Knights.

It'll be more than tarted up graphics and I predict it'll be a superior re-make than the original Resident Evil... and that was one of a re-make.
Sat 03/05/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I bet theyre speaking gobbledegook with subtitles in the cutscenes.
Fri 02/05/03 at 19:37
Regular
Lets face it - with those two guys working on the game, its gonna be something special. Good thing i have a Gamecube as well as PS2...
Fri 02/05/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> you going for the worlds longest sentence record?

I think he's got it :D
Fri 02/05/03 at 14:17
Regular
iamelectrifying wrote:
> Kojima has announced Konamis HI FI working title next Metal Gear
> Solid, and it would be unleashed at E3 but the bad new is that the
> Playstatoin2 dudes will stuck cause the title is only for the Gamecube
> has been announced , perhaps no detials for exclusive title so that we
> playstation2 dude might get it after a while may be with new title for
> the same game as The Petriots, but still its all rumours for ps2, the
> game is under development under Silicon Knights, well its really bad
> news atleast for me cause i was expecting the title for ps2 and
> expecting Kojima to give us a new MGS title but its only for Gamecube
> sukkers.

you going for the worlds longest sentence record?
Fri 02/05/03 at 14:14
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Isn't it patriots?

I'll just add this comment, who cares!

MGS has run it's course, unless they actually allow the game player to explore properly and move around objects properly then frankly they might as well forget about it!
Fri 02/05/03 at 11:05
Regular
Flying Pig wrote:

> Incidentially - Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto aren't gonna be
> involved directly - Silicon Knights will have the pleasure......

Silicon Knights are the going to be making it but Miyamoto and Kojima will all the way be looking over the project and giving them their ideas.

This is taken from the press release

"I am tremendously excited to introduce a unique Metal Gear Solid® experience to a new audience of gamers as well as collaborate with my mentor in game design, Mr. Miyamoto, on Metal Gear Solid The Twin SnakesTM for Nintendo GameCube," says Hideo Kojima, vice president, Konami Computer Entertainment Japan, Inc.

"Mr. Kojima and I have spoken about this project for some time, and I'm excited our ideas have matched so perfectly," adds Shigeru Miyamoto, senior managing director of Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Nintendo Co., Ltd. "It's this shared passion for game creation that has allowed us to collaborate to bring a special Metal Gear® project exclusively for Nintendo GameCube."
Fri 02/05/03 at 08:51
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:
> Hmmm. A 5-year old game that is still far better than the lackluster
> Sons of Liberty!

I don't disagree, however the fact that you can probably get MGS for a few quid now, it it really gonna make people shell out £40 for it.

Thinking about it - it depends how good it looks......

Incidentially - Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto aren't gonna be involved directly - Silicon Knights will have the pleasure......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.