GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOZ:TWW release date explanation..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 09:37
Regular
There is a lot of confusion as to when LOZ:TWW is released; 2nd or 3rd. I've been (reliably) informed that Nintendo wanted the release date to be may 3rd. Research shows there are certain dates that are more memorable than others, and Nintendo wanted to release one of their biggest games of the year on a memorable day. The stores, however, wanted to release the game on Friday in the hope of selling more copies. Who is right? I don't know, hopefully, it'll be delivered in time for tomorrow, though:D
Thu 01/05/03 at 16:22
Regular
"Festivus!"
I also got mine due to a GAD win.

A rare one, but a vital one never-the-less.
Thu 01/05/03 at 14:08
Regular
But I'm getting mine from Special Reserve, who appear to be sticking to the release date (which is fine by me).

Game, however, are playing it dirty, and, seeing as I didn't order it from them, they need to be hit with large SR stick.

As for stealing the copies from Game - no need, I won mine from Gameaday :D (Thanks SR :D - can't wait until it arrives now)
Thu 01/05/03 at 12:57
Regular
You want to hit them with a stick for sending out Wind Waker early?

I think hugs and kisses would be more appropriate....obviously only to the female members of staff though.
Thu 01/05/03 at 12:36
Regular
Shall we steal all the zelda copies while we're there? heh heh heh :^)
Thu 01/05/03 at 12:26
Regular
Providing that I can smash them with SR stick afterwards.
Thu 01/05/03 at 12:22
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Game, however, released it as soon as they had stock!
>
> Damn Game, I will construct a large stick with Special Reserve's logo
> printed upon it, and it shall be used to beat Game with...repeatedly,
> for releasing Zelda before it is due out.

Can I come and bring my "play" and "simply games" sticks?

:^)
Thu 01/05/03 at 10:24
Regular
Game, however, released it as soon as they had stock!

Damn Game, I will construct a large stick with Special Reserve's logo printed upon it, and it shall be used to beat Game with...repeatedly, for releasing Zelda before it is due out.
Thu 01/05/03 at 09:37
Regular
"Omnipresent"
There is a lot of confusion as to when LOZ:TWW is released; 2nd or 3rd. I've been (reliably) informed that Nintendo wanted the release date to be may 3rd. Research shows there are certain dates that are more memorable than others, and Nintendo wanted to release one of their biggest games of the year on a memorable day. The stores, however, wanted to release the game on Friday in the hope of selling more copies. Who is right? I don't know, hopefully, it'll be delivered in time for tomorrow, though:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.