GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fantasy FPS or real life situation FPS?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 14:41
Regular
On the subject of First person shooters, which one do you prefer?
Games like the Rainbow Six series uses Real life situations, Black Hawk down aswell as Battlefield 1942 and vietcong.
Fantasy First person shooters are like half life, ureal 1 + 2 and unreal tournament/2003
You can tell the difference between them by the levels they are set on and the weapons in the games.
Sat 03/05/03 at 18:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I think maybe what he meant, and I may be wrong, but this is one way I see it, is that you get the same weapons consistently appearing in most realistic FPS', and are able to relate to them between the games.

Like in DoD you get a Thompson SMG, and also in BF. You sort of know where you stand with one, even if you haven't played the game before.
Sun 04/05/03 at 18:20
"For the horde!!!!"
I prefer fantasy type games myself

*girlfriend walks in dressed as a nurse*

er...umm...I...

*faints*
Sun 04/05/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Firey Salamander wrote:
> I prefer fantasy type games myself
>
> *girlfriend walks in dressed as a nurse*
>
> er...umm...I...
>
> *faints*

I think you'll love 'Football Strip'. Ha!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.