GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ocarina of Time bonus disk trouble (60Hz)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time'.
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:51
Regular
Right, most people will know that this game is 60Hz display only. Ok, I have a 60Hz T.V. and when I heared it would be 60Hz only, it didn't bother me. But I tried it today and I have a problem. It's black and white display! So I tried Prime in 60Hz. Black and White too! What is going on? I checked my TV manual. Yep, deffinately 60Hz. I have swapped all my cables around at the back (PS2, DVD, Cube ect). Nope, still black and white. So I then check my PS2 60Hz games. Tis fine. All worked fine with brilliant colour. But none of my cube games will... Could it be the cable supplied with the Cube? I noticed it has less pins than the PS2 and DVD socket plug thing. So could anyone help? Anyone else having trouble like this? Please help! Link wears green not grey!!!!!!!!!!!
Fri 02/05/03 at 13:18
Regular
My tele auto converts an NTSC signal to colour, no matter what console or lead is used =)

Guess it pays to pay that bit extra when buying things, still wish i had of bought the 28" model though =(
Fri 02/05/03 at 13:15
This is strange. I've tested all the games I have with 60Hz, and they all show the game in black and white, except for the Ocarina of time and Wind Waker discs, which both show 60Hz in colour - how is this possible? So much for consistency.
Fri 02/05/03 at 10:06
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I had to buy a NTSC to PAL convertor when I got a flip lid case for my PS2 only £10 from http://www.kanection.co.uk
works great :)
Fri 02/05/03 at 09:51
Regular
Heh, I think I'll re-review it. That review of mine is very noobish :D

I forgot I had even reviewed it in the first place :D
Fri 02/05/03 at 07:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
It does cure the flicker. Go read Edgy's review on this very site.
Fri 02/05/03 at 02:15
Regular
Probably.
Fri 02/05/03 at 01:34
Regular
After reading through this topic I thought "yikes!". So I tried Mario Sunshine on 60Hz and it worked, and with the cable that originally came with my GC. But I noticed a slight flickering around the edges of some colours. Needless to say, the old 50Hz looked better. I wonder if the RGB cable would cure the flicker. Hmm?
Fri 02/05/03 at 00:01
Regular
All my games seem to work fine on 60hz with standard cable...
Thu 01/05/03 at 22:46
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I got an RGB cable because it improved the picture quality. I don't know if my TV will work in 60Hz mode with Composite cables.

I've never used them. Ever.
Thu 01/05/03 at 22:31
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
to test the TV hold B while starting your cube with a game (starfox, SSBM, Sonic, RESI, Prime) and it should give you the option to set it to 60HZ say yes and if it works fine on your tele then you dont need any cable or have to worry when getting a freeloader

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.