GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ocarina of Time bonus disk trouble (60Hz)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time'.
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:51
Regular
Right, most people will know that this game is 60Hz display only. Ok, I have a 60Hz T.V. and when I heared it would be 60Hz only, it didn't bother me. But I tried it today and I have a problem. It's black and white display! So I tried Prime in 60Hz. Black and White too! What is going on? I checked my TV manual. Yep, deffinately 60Hz. I have swapped all my cables around at the back (PS2, DVD, Cube ect). Nope, still black and white. So I then check my PS2 60Hz games. Tis fine. All worked fine with brilliant colour. But none of my cube games will... Could it be the cable supplied with the Cube? I noticed it has less pins than the PS2 and DVD socket plug thing. So could anyone help? Anyone else having trouble like this? Please help! Link wears green not grey!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:51
Regular
"  "
Right, most people will know that this game is 60Hz display only. Ok, I have a 60Hz T.V. and when I heared it would be 60Hz only, it didn't bother me. But I tried it today and I have a problem. It's black and white display! So I tried Prime in 60Hz. Black and White too! What is going on? I checked my TV manual. Yep, deffinately 60Hz. I have swapped all my cables around at the back (PS2, DVD, Cube ect). Nope, still black and white. So I then check my PS2 60Hz games. Tis fine. All worked fine with brilliant colour. But none of my cube games will... Could it be the cable supplied with the Cube? I noticed it has less pins than the PS2 and DVD socket plug thing. So could anyone help? Anyone else having trouble like this? Please help! Link wears green not grey!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:58
Regular
YOu need Ninty's RGB Scart cable thingy. Not the crappy thing that comes with it.
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:59
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yup, RGB cable.

About £20 from game.

Cheaper on eBay. :)
Thu 01/05/03 at 21:04
Regular
"  "
Ah thanks. Is that the one that was made because people were having the same trouble with import games on freeloader? :)
Thu 01/05/03 at 21:12
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Yeah caus of the 60hz nature of the NTSC imports
Thu 01/05/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
It's been around for yonks.

The freeloader gained more interest in it, though.
Thu 01/05/03 at 21:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Damn Nintendo and their forced peripheral-buying waze
Thu 01/05/03 at 21:18
Regular
Microchips wrote:
> Yup, RGB cable.
>
> About £20 from game.

Heh, when i went to GAME, they said it didn't exist, then I walked along and bought it from HMV for 20 quid. Fools.
Thu 01/05/03 at 21:19
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
maddmun wrote:
> Heh, when i went to GAME, they said it didn't exist, then I walked
> along and bought it from HMV for 20 quid. Fools.

It was the same with me. Except I went and got one off the selves and showed it to them.
Thu 01/05/03 at 21:21
Regular
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Ah thanks. Is that the one that was made because people were having
> the same trouble with import games on freeloader? :)

Bullpoop, as if Nintendo would create something to allow import games to be played on their systems properly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.