GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wind Waker - Live up to the hype?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Fri 02/05/03 at 21:08
Regular
Hi,
When a game like Zelda - The Wind Waker is released there is allways a lot of hype and people expect a game like that to live up to their expectations, which I'm sure are very high for a title like this. What are your veiws on The Wind Waker, should they have not changed the graphics?, is it as good as the previous games? and is its playability up to the standard you expect from a Zelda game?
cheers
Sun 04/05/03 at 10:58
Regular
"  "
The rival wrote:
> Are the battles in real time, or are they turn based.
>
> Also, are there those annoying random battles whey the screen goes
> black, only to uncover some enimies (ala skies of arcadia)

Basically the enemies are wandering around the levels. When you go close the music changes, and you then tap combinations of buttons to do sword combo's. Tis very good. And then when you return to an area, in most cases the enemies re-appear. But the good thing is, most the time you can ignore them if you want and run straight passed. But they have good items on them sometimes. And you can take their weapons, which is required in some sections.
Sun 04/05/03 at 10:54
Regular
"He's back"
Are the battles in real time, or are they turn based.

Also, are there those annoying random battles whey the screen goes black, only to uncover some enimies (ala skies of arcadia)
Sun 04/05/03 at 10:12
Regular
Wind Waker is an excellent game and if they hadn't changed the graphics it wouldn't have been as good as it is.
Sat 03/05/03 at 21:58
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Emotional.
Sat 03/05/03 at 18:18
Regular
At first I thought Wind Waker was a bit crappy, but soon after I realised it's a quality game and does, indeed, live up to its hype.

As for the graphics, if you don't think they're stunning you're obviously a complete idiot.
Sat 03/05/03 at 17:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well personnally I wasn't 'hyped' about Zelda anyway. I actually thought it looked kinda crap and I wasn't going to bother getting it. But I read a few reviews and watched some demos, then I saw one demo that made the game look great, so I got it.

I can honestly say that this is one of the best games I have ever played on GameCube and I would highly recommend it. And yes, I prefer the Cel-Shaded graphics over the realistic look like in OOT. It just seems to work very well and after a while you don't even realise that it is cel-shaded.

My opinion, a very very good game.
Sat 03/05/03 at 17:51
"How are you today?"
I've been playing this for 4 hours today, it arrived this morning. I must say it's truely amazing. I didn't like the idea of sel shaded at first but it's ok :) I'm on the second dungen, Forest Haven I think. Brilliant :)
Sat 03/05/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
i fink it sux ahahar har har!!!1 !!11
Sat 03/05/03 at 17:43
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I have to agree that cel shaded looks better than the realistic look.

Don't know why it does, I guess it just makes the game seem less serious.
Sat 03/05/03 at 17:36
Regular
Definitely worth it!
Graphics are just about right i love it :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.