GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box....Are you getting one?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/11/01 at 18:23
Regular
Is there anyone out there going to spend £300+ On the X-Box and it's game's on launch?
Is there anyone excited about it?
It seems that the build up for release is heating up.
Wed 14/11/01 at 21:49
Regular
"Back For Good"
The Xbox has lovely graphics but the games aren't too spectacular.
Thu 15/11/01 at 01:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've always been into games big time, nowadays having money coming in i tend to buy any console i like the look of, I'm not one of those people thats loyal to 1 company. Theres no "what do i get - ps2 or gamecube ??", if i like both then i'll buy both. I'm definatly getting a Gamecube. But as for X-Box, it looks ok, but i think i'm gonna sit back and see how it does before I go out and buy one.

The games look nice enough, but you have to have things like the Jaguar and the 3DO in the back of your head to remind you why you don't just rush out and buy any old tat ;-))
Thu 15/11/01 at 02:10
Xbox is great but not spectacular, the US price is spot on and in every sense a bargain.

However Microsoft has just started a UK website for the Xbox and it appears theyre trying to do one over on the UK gamer. Dont get me wrong its a good machine but asking UK gamers to wait an extra 4 months longer for a console, then pay more for it and its games than the Americans do sucks. Its true every other company does or has done this but do Microsoft really need the extra cash.

The Xbox is a great machine, and Halo is great but it can be done on the Playstation 2 and no doubt will be! At the moment the PS2 is cheaper in the UK than the US so Ild have to buy a PS2 over an Xbox on principle if I was in the UK.

At the moment though Im visiting the US and enjoying the launch excitement, the Xbox and GameCube are nice but my budget only permits me to buy a Dreamcast (sad but true!). My advice is to get a PS2, after all its a great machine that is capable of producing great games. Also theoretically it should get the best third party games from both the Xbox and GameCube eventually as its the market leader.

Oh and then theres MetalGearSolid2 ;-)
Thu 15/11/01 at 09:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes I am getting one.
For Halo.

I might not get one at launch, beca...nah, I'm dumb with money so I'll get one at launch, just like I did with the PS2.

Hurrah, new consoles rock.
I don't care if it's by Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft:

If it appeals to me, I'm getting it.
Thu 15/11/01 at 09:31
"High polygon count"
Nope - I'll (probably) be getting a 'cube, but not at launch.

After that, my next console will probably be PS3 in a few years time, as and when it gets released. But I'm in no rush for it. :-)
Thu 15/11/01 at 09:36
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Goatboy wrote:
> Yes I am getting one.
For Halo.

I might not get one at launch, beca...nah,
> I'm dumb with money so I'll get one at launch, just like I did with the
> PS2.

Hurrah, new consoles rock.
I don't care if it's by Sony, Nintendo or
> Microsoft:

> If it appeals to me, I'm getting it.

yeah... that pretty much excatly where I'm standing
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:30
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I don;t fancy one at launch, perhaps in a year or so, when they are confirmed stable, have a bit of a userbase, some decent games and a price cut I might consider it, but a new machine that a lot of people will not buy on principle? I'm not chucking £300 away until I know it has a future.
Thu 15/11/01 at 14:46
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Yeah, no doubt at some point. As someone pointed out, the perigree os Microsoft as a console company is unknown. I got stung with a Neo Geo Pocket. However, I can't see X-box going down the tubes very soon. Bill Gates alone has enough money to finance the entire thing for several years even if they didn't sell one unit. I'm sure that MS will just chuck money at it until it's a success. It's probably just their way to get their already sticky fingers into even more pies. They've seen how much moolah Sony has made with the PSX, an Billy Gates wants a piece of the action.
Thu 15/11/01 at 14:48
Regular
"DS..."
in a word NO! is anyone getting a gamecube? I am!
slik ~_~
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:17
Regular
I think I will be tempted but only once the price drops to £199 in time for next Xmas.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.